It's Arrived!

by Wolfgirl 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

My copy of Crisis of Conscience arrived today. I can barely put it down.

That is all.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Have fun. It's a very good book.

• Shakita
    Shakita

I read it from front to back in one sitting. I knew that my life would never be the same.

Good reading!

Mrs. Shakita

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

I've got all evening coz hubby's got a sales kick-off tonight. I wonder how much I'll get read.

• Francois
    Francois

Let's see on what page you get pissed off first. We could have a lottery. I'll bet you're pissed off by page 98 so badly, you'll have to whip out your smelling salts.

francois

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

YOUR READING THE MOST DANGEROUS BANNED BOOK ON THE PLANET!

iTS WORSE THAN SATANIC VERSES!

DON'T ,DON'T TURN THAT PAGE!

OH,NOW LOOK WHAT YOU GONE AND DONE,YOU WILL NEVER BE THE SAME! The wt.society pleading with you .

ITS THE BEST EYE OPENER ,EYE POPPING, WELL I'LL BE A ( put whatever word fits here )

ENJOY,CRY FOR THOSE STILL INSIDE .

Blueblades

• myself
    myself

Blueblades, isn't that the truth. I remember when Ray Franz was disfellowshipped, and I also remember a talk warning our local congregation not to have anything to do with his book when it came out. I finally read it last year shortly after I joined the board here.

• outnfree
    outnfree

LOL @ Francois with the lottery idea.

Enjoy, Wolfgirl! It's worth its weight in gold for the way the shackles just start slipping [at page 34 -- j/k] off one almost immediately. Emotions run the gamut -- you'll be very angry and upset at times -- but in the end the reader feels curiously lighter: it's that heavy burden placed there by the GB just dematerializing into sheer dust! Shake it off your feet and move on.

outnfree

• onacruse
    onacruse

The first time I read CoC (early 90s) it literally made me sick to my stomach. The truth of what Ray says was too hard for me to handle.

Blades:

ENJOY, CRY FOR THOSE STILL INSIDE

Poignant.

Craig

• shamus
    shamus

Yes! Mine arrived on Monday, this week. I found the part about the governing body rather tedious, and with so many twists and turns it was incredibly hard to all comprehend. I'm up to the part about their double-standards... will be reading it tonite.

Enjoy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit