who has been out the longest?

by stan livedeath 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• JaniceA
    JaniceA

Early 80,s, right before I knew about Franz, but I think I was out mentally in about 1979. Just too young to articulate my feelings.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

For those of you that left just prior to 1975, why? Didn't you think that just in case it is true you should wait until after 1975?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

By good question jwfacts. In my case I simply didn't believe in God. So the watchtower and it's crazy ideas meant nothing to me. I did not believe Armageddon would happen in 75...and guess what.....?

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

appeared in front of a JC at the end of 1992 on a charge of apostasy, escaped with a reproof but began my fade, I was done within a couple of years, over 25 years, I love that milestone!

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

The last time my wife and I set foot in a KH was about early `93 for a JW funeral ,never again.That was the last straw .

• ElderEtta
    ElderEtta

Out in 1977 and am now 77 years old

• Giordano
    Giordano

I will gracefully accept that I am not.....the oldest fart on this forum who has been out the longest.

To be honest my wife and I left the JW's so we could attend the first Woodstock!

How young and healthy we all looked swimming naked in that famous Woodstock pond or would have looked had we been able to attend.

I am slightly consoled that those beautiful people were probably also peeing in that pond. Enough said.

When I left the JW's the Vietnam war was raging and young guys like me, who no longer had the minister's pioneer exemption nor college exemption, were being hauled in and sent to Vietnam for reasons to this day didn't make much sense.

It was shortly after that that I learned that the society was pointing to 1975 as the end year.

I had one thought.......'Boy did my timing Suck!'

So I was telling my grown son years later about this quandary I found myself in. "How did you get out of Vietnam?" He asked.

"We had you..... they stopped drafting fathers".

" Wow" he said. "I guess you owe me big time...."

"I did", I said "But I gave you something very special..........We didn't raise you as a Jehovah's Witness! The greatest gift a father and mother can give their child".

• SummerAngel
    SummerAngel

I was never baptised but started moving away aroung 1986 when i went to uni but had serious doubts pretty much as far back as i was able to articulate them around age 7 which would have been 1974. Remember 75 being annouced in 74 at Twickers assembly. When it didnt happen just compounded it even further. So so glad i didnt get bapped or marry a dub

most of family still in unfortunately.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit