who has been out the longest?

by stan livedeath 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Cheers Stan.

There's far more brotherly love on this site than ever i saw in the cult - I heard that ...

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Take up fishing. Get a hobby. Go on a cruise!

I tease because i care.

• John Free
    John Free

Well Stan it’s about the 3 year anniversary since my awakening from cult indoctrination. 3 happy years of mental and emotional freedom. I enjoy your posts btw, you bring colour to this place.

• bsmart
    bsmart

Giordano wins so far.

I graduated high school 1965 and was never dunked. I escaped the next year ( went to stay with relatives) for training at community college. I still have family who talk with me, a couple of siblings are still in and one out but still a believer. I love this place; it helps me keep things in perspective.

• 20yearfader
    20yearfader

I left in 91 at the age of 17

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

I'm surprised to see that some left before 75. Remember...stay alive to 75! Many jumped on the spiritual bandwagon just before 75 and hoped to ride the coat tails into a "para o dice" earth. I guess you saw through the crap before 75. Good for you.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

@Stillin

that wife divorced me as soon as she could --in early summer of 1981. it was a "scriptural " divorce. end of cult association + end of unhappy marriage. life has been sweet ever since.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

yep--@Giordano trumps me.

thank you @ John Free for your kind comment.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

Ha!

I can join the senior club too

I left in 71, never baptized, survived Armageddon in 75, and here I am

I was pretty young when I managed to escape - 13 going on 14

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

I think 2nd place should go to Claude Kenneson. He left in 1966. He used to post here. He is now a Catholic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit