who has been out the longest?

by stan livedeath 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

who has been out of the cult the longest ?

i'll start--i resigned in 1971, but attended occasionally as a non-interested husband to keep the wife sweet, untill my last circuit assembly in autumn 1980. no connection with the cult since then

so--its either 47 or 38 years, depending on how you see it.

which begs the question--why am i on this site now ?

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

Good for you ... you left in 1971. You've been out a long time and you saw through the WT crap quicker than most.

which begs the question--why am i on this site now ? - yeah, why the f**k are you still here, Stan? XD

I left in Jan 2007.

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

which begs the question--why am i on this site now ? - yeah, why the f**k are you still here, Stan? XD

well--firstly, ive got 2 grown up kids still in the cult--and several grandchildren who ive never met. so i like to keep up to date on whats the latest rubbish they are filled with.

secondly--the real reason--i'm retired..bored--time on my hands with nothing better to do.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

well--firstly, ive got 2 grown up kids still in the cult--and several grandchildren who ive never met. so i like to keep up to date on whats the latest rubbish they are filled with - good point, I wasn't aware of this.

I was only joking. Sorry if I offended you.

LUHE

• stillin
    stillin

Stan,

"to keep the wife sweet,"

How is that working our for you? That's pretty much why I still bother at all, but of course, I'm not pretending to be anything at all, so it's really a waste of time.

In the meantime, I,m Stillin

• freddo
    freddo

When you say you're still in "stillin" - do you still put in a report?

• Giordano
    Giordano

Out with my wife in 1965..... PIMO 3 years earlier.

Lost track of everyone I grew up with and concentrated on making our way in this world. Seven years ago I got to wondering how the JW's were doing. Googled how many there were and a few other questions. Then on one of the searches I stumbled into an ex JW site, surprised that many were still active but planning their escape. This one poster recounted going out in Field Service that morning and it was hysterical. Not only did I understand what she was talking about but also how goofy service still was.

I found Freeminds and then backed into this forum. I understood the language and references. In short I had found my lost tribe and was welcomed home.

The conversation can be great at times, the need to reach out and offer some help for a person who wants to leave with his or her family intact, how to evaluate exit plans etc. Makes me feel like I can help in the limited way we can....but collectively people on their way out can hear our voices and we can make a difference.

How are the JW's doing these days terribly! The Elder arrangement is a big failure as are the 100 ways to lose your religion (sins like thinking or making personal medical decisions).

The growing Pedophile problem. The GB problem dumb and dumber.

Laying off Brothers and sisters who have no social security or medical insurance. All kinds of things.

I decided that since I more then paid for what I learned for over a decade....... I was qualified to offer help or just encouragement.

• snugglebunny
    snugglebunny

1972. Why am I here? Well - I'm not going to write off the first 26 years of my life, am I?

• stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

No offence taken..at all..LUHE....

There's far more brotherly love on this site than ever i saw in the cult.

• stillin
    stillin

Freddo

"When you say you're still in "stillin" - do you still put in a report?"

no, I do not, Freddo. That would be hypocritical. I went out in the d2d work because I felt like it was important. The meetings are open to the public. So that has been my two cents worth for about 10 years now. If Jesus hates me for that, and wants to kill me, well, he would be a jerk, wouldn't he be?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit