recommend a book

by DanTheMan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• patio34
    patio34

Understanding Power: The Indispensable Chomsky by Noam Chomsky , John Schoeffel (Editor), Peter R. Mitchell (Editor), Peter Mitchell

This is a great, readable book that gives a clear view of what's going on and why.

• kgfreeperson
    kgfreeperson

A friend just recommended Parker Palmer's Let Your Life Speak which I'm loving.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Also" The Grace & Truth Paradox"
    Responding with Christ like Balance> By Randy Alcorn

Somebody else mention " Joshua" as did I... It truly is a worth while read.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am reading a really good book right now it is called " How to be a Christian without being religious" By Fritz Ridenour......I seem to close all the post ....... Some one MIGHT read this ( you have hopes mouthy.....You turn em off--- Yep I am Paranoid..

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Stolen Valour

By Burkett

Look it up, tells about a lot of fake Veitnam Vets using up valuable resourses hurting real vietnam vets.

• hippikon
    hippikon

In Gods Name by David A. Yallop

Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee: An Indian History of the American West by Dee Alexander Brown

Spy Catcher: The Candid Autobiography of a Senior Intelligence Officer by Peter Wright

• Rainmakerone
    Rainmakerone

been reading a lot of ERIC LUSTBADER lately

the ninja - the miko - white ninja - the kaisho

and worth a look over is IAN M. BANKS

excession is a reall corker of a book

• Agent Double- O- Soul
    Agent Double- O- Soul

(I posted this suggestion on another thread ) 'The Moon's A Balloon' by David Niven. For a fun life story it's as good as any. Growing up at the early part of the last century, difference between drab Britain & exciting America, first sexual experience to the sound of 'Yes We Have No Bananas' with a 17 year old foul mouthed prostitute who became a best friend & made him worldly wise. Long time since I read it but I remember it being a great yarn .

Seeya

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit