recommend a book

by DanTheMan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

For fluff:

For any fans of the fantasy genre, a must-read is The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien. I also highly recommend the 12 (yes, as in a dozen books) Appendix volumes narrated by Christopher Tolkien which further outline the entire history of the story.

You want action? Temple by Matthew Reilly. (Army elite forces, Secret Service, Nazi terrorists, ancient Incan spirit Gods, nuclear holocaust, etc. I had never before seen a book with so many twists.)

• arrowstar
    arrowstar

For fun... The Sweet Potato Queens Book of Love. Very funny. You'll find it in the humor section.

• Aztec
    Aztec

"Jude the Obscure" by Thomas Hardy is a favorite of mine. It's a bit cynical but I enjoyed it immensely. Don't try to understand us creatures known as women Dan. We're a bit like god, unknowable even unto ourselves.

~Aztec

• LoverOfTruth
    LoverOfTruth

Even though this is Christian Fiction, I must Recommend Joshua by Joseph Girzone. If you want to know what Jesus really thought, this is a must. Joshua is a fellow living in Modern times but he is actually Jesus.

It will "Blow Your Mind" so to speak.

Don't miss this one!

• greven
    greven

Reborn:a must-read is The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien.

Indeed! I especially like the creation myth tolkien created!

My recommendation: Small Gods - Terry Pratchett

Takes a witty look on religion with stylisch Britisch humor a la Monty Python. Hilarious.

Greven

• blackout
    blackout

Love "The Silmarillion".

"The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho. a simple, easy to read, life changing fable.

"Think and Grow Rich" Napolean Hill

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

OOOOoooohh! My area of expertice! Dan, I was in a total shit situation at one point when my ex-fiance left me. I'll tell you right now, the best information is free. Check out http://www.sosuave.com. If you go to the forum, you'll find the "Don Juan Bible". Give it a full read, it's excellent stuff. My username over there is Bungo Pony. Last time I checked, I was the 4th top poster over there, so I know my stuff. If you've got a question you want answered, send me a PM. Trust me, this place will set you on the right track, and you'll have more women than you've ever dreamed of. Might want to try the DJ Bootcamp.

You may also want to check out the Book of Shuma Gora, and the Seduction Library. If you send me a PM, I'll email it to you. It's free as well, but me sending it to you will save you the hassle of signing up with Yahoo.

• Hamas
    Hamas

Very true.

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

" Heart of the Amazon " by Yossi Ghinsberg.

I had the privelage of hearing Yossi give a motivational talk at a conference in Quebec City last fall, and I was very impressed. He touches on the story in his speech, of how he became seperated from his three companions, and how he survived for 3 weeks alone in the rain forrest.

Fascinating Story, and if anyone has the opportunity to see him in person I would highly recommend it.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Thanks everybody!

Come on, I know everybody has at least one book to recommend. I'm gonna keep bumping this thread until I get 100 responses!

Nosfer, yeah, thanks for the tip, I'll check that site out. Ladies, beware!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit