recommend a book

by DanTheMan 27 Replies latest jw friends

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Any book that you like.

I am particularly interested in reading some good non-fiction.

Crisis of Conscience tops my recommendations, I think it is one of the best books I've ever read. But you don't have to recommend apostate books.

Currently I am enjoying Dale Carnegie's How to Win Friends and Influence People. I am enjoying it and trying to take the advice to heart - namely, don't be so negative!

Any books that would help me to grow in my understanding of that mysterious creature commonly known as "woman" would be helpful also!

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Well Thunder Riders Burden of course

http://www.thunderridersburden.com/index1.htm?http://www.thunderridersburden.com/

Also Tuesdays with Morrie is a wonderful non-fiction book

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Well I don't get a chance to read much anymore, but back in the day I read a really well written book on the JFK assasination. I don't know if you're in to this type of non-fiction, but it's well researched and although I don't buy the whole thesis, it makes a good case and it is very interesting.

Crossfire: The Plot That Killed KennedyCrossfire: The Plot That Killed Kennedy
    by Jim Marrs Carroll & Graf
  • Huxley
    Huxley

"Up In The Old Hotel" - Joseph Mitchell

"Moon Palace" - Paul Auster

"Our band could be your life" (scenes from the American Indie Underground 1981-1991) - Azerrad

Fun

-Huxley

• Francois
    Francois

Eric Hoffer The True Believer

• mouthy
    mouthy

A book I enjoyed was " JOSHUA" By Joseph F.Girzone. This was a priest who retired from the priesthood. I am not a Roman Catholic But I thought this was a good book-It is a novel.... & his follow up was "Joshua & The Children" good reading for me at least.

• DJ
    DJ

Dan......you can't understand women, you just need to love us...

• jgnat
    jgnat

Four books on my life-changing list,

Rain of Gold by Victor E. Villasenor
    Education of a Wandering Man by Louis L'Amour
    Becoming Human by Jean Vanier
    So Many Miracles by Saul Rubinek

• blondie
  • DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Thanks for all the recommendations so far.

Anybody else? What are some of your favorite books?

I remember reading Truman Capote's In Cold Blood in high school, I can't remember ever enjoying a book so much, I tore through it in a couple of days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit