Not on a WTS Cover - Famine Continues to Decline

by berrygerry 28 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• berrygerry
    berrygerry

That darn Satan keeps confusing those horsies in Apocalypse - they seem to be going in reverse.

http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/global-hunger-calamitous-famine-eradicated-last-50-years

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Oh, yes:

- All the indicators that we are living in the "Last Days" are here all-right (Not!)

Bill

• freemindfade
    freemindfade

no no no that can't be, the simpleton brother who always gets up to give the public talk always starts out talking about how things are so bad, worse than every in everything, and backs it up with no actual facts whatsoever. So nothing can be improving!

• konceptual99
    konceptual99
    It's not going to get worse don't you know? Were you not listening on Sunday?
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I told you kids to not go to College, education is the seed of Satan .

The only literature that mankind has to read is the literature printed and published by God's earthly publishing house .... The Watchtower Corporation.

How else will you know how to save yourself from the genocide destruction of Armageddon ?

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

JW reasoning...

News that supports worsening conditions = Armageddon near!!!

News that doesn't support worsening conditions = It can't be too obvious that Armageddon is near!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I'd hate to go against the grain here but things will get worse in the upcoming decades. It doesn't matter how much the JWs would gloat about that since nothing that they predict about the end will ever come to pass. No matter how much misery the world will suffer, nothing like the UN overthrow of "Babylon the Great" or "Armageddon" will occur.
  • jwfacts
    jwfacts

They are phenomenal statistics. 27 million famine related deaths the decade before 1914. 1.5 million the decade before 2014. Throw in that the population is ten times larger and famine is only about 1% of what it used to be.

I find it irritating that people (JWs in particular) harp on about how terrible the world is, when we have seen such monumental advancements in the last century.

• venusinfauxfurs
    venusinfauxfurs

Agree, Village idiot. It's incorrect to say these are not difficult times but while JWs sit around waiting for everyone to be destroyed, not lifting a finger to offer any practical help to heathens, human beings are trying to create better world conditions which is what people of God are called to do. its not Godly or Christian to sit around pointing out how bad the world is and doing nothing.

when I was still in, I gave a homeless woman a magazine while street witnessing and she said "can I eat this?" The self righteous pioneer sister with me, with twenty gold items of jewellery on says "we have done what we have to, if we help them, it shows people that Satans system works." In other words JW don't feel a moral obligation to help anybody.

i've been on the cart while a homeless man was there browsing and the sister told him he couldn't take as many tracts as he was taking in case he wasn't going to actually read them but use them for toilet paper or something. She then gloated about generously giving him $1 to buy a coffee.

I could write a book on the lack of compassion I saw within the JWs and the amount of charity and good works I've seen now that I am part of a small neighbourhood Christian church.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown
    The WT society are experts in empathy extraction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit