what is the rarest JW book?

by dogon 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

The rarest JW book is the last book the WT will published after they no longer exist. It will be worth a nickel for all the new light bullsh__. LOL. Still Totally ADD

• neat blue dog
    neat blue dog

The governing body handbook, only printed in bound individually by other GB members, and burned on a members death. 😜

• sparky1
    sparky1

Aid To Bible Understanding - JW GoneBad

You may be on to something. The original 1969 version of 544 pages had a first edition printing of only 250,000. It only covered the subjects of Aaron through Exodus.

• TD
    TD

.Wasanelder,

Since about the 1950's, Jehovah's Witnesses have claimed that Russell co wrote Three Worlds because they don't want to admit that the one single piece of chronology that they still accept as valid was the work of someone other than Russell.

Three Worlds was entirely the work of Barbour. Russell financed its publication.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Aid To Bible Understanding was reworked into The Insight on the Scriptures. I don't know the differences between the two volumes and the "Aid" book as it was called. The changes in content were negligible as I understand.The Aid book had few illustrations, tiny type and bible type paper so it could be one book.

Three Worlds likely was Barbour's work but Russell certainly claimed to have vouched for it's content. It seems little more than a curiosity now..

• Introvert 2
    Introvert 2

I own Aid To Bible Understanding. It mentions where the name Jehovah came from unlike the newer Insight volumes. ( Raymundus Martini the monk who invented the Latin version of G-d's name )

The reason the Insight books were done was twofold : to distance themselves from Raymond Franz ( he did most of it's research and writing ) and to create considerable income from the R & F ( all family heads surely felt the need to purchase theses expensive sets to keep up with the Jones and out-spiritualize other families )

Yes I have read that Commentary on James by dear Mr. Ed Dunlap is the best WT book out there by far.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

The one that actually tells the "The Truth that Leads to Eternal Life!"

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

it's not that old but I would think commentary on the book of James would be hard to find since Ray Franz was involved in writing it

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I have something totally unique. A family member worked in the bindery at Bethel in '79 and he made a copy of the Commentary on the Letter of James for me with Blue embossed letters on the cover (the standard letters were gold). Pretty neat.

• blondie
    blondie

Commentary on James was written by Ed Dunlap, registrar of Gilead. I don't think he was anointed though.

http://www.freeminds.org/bethel/betheldays.htm

https://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/71567/who-ed-dunlap?page=1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit