what is the rarest JW book?

by dogon 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow

I don't think a book has to necessarily be old to be rare.

I have a hard copy of the very first "Jehovah's Witnesses Alternatives to blood transfusions" 1973. Printed and compiled by "prominent" Canadian JWs and later published by the WT's Hospital Information Services. The first hospital "manual" that was used by the JW Canadian pilot group for the now named HLC.

I know....It's a book that wasn't circulated to the general public - medical professionals were targeted with that publication. Medical evangelizing done by JWs.

• millie210
    millie210

Wasnt "Commentary On James" yanked because of who wrote it?

I would gather that would make it somewhat hard to find although not as much so as some of the ones previously mentioned here.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Three Worlds and the Harvest of this World, Russell and Barbour wrote it together in 1877.

There's one in the library of Congress and one in a Catholic University library back east. Someone posted a PDF of it! Just Google the Title. Russell paid to publish it so its his baby.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I had a reprint copy of The Three Worlds at one time, and based on the writing style and comparing it to the writing of the Divine Plan, I would say that Russell didn't write The Three Worlds. He did front the money to print it, however, as the previous poster noted.

• vienne
    vienne

Rarest are 1. Three Worlds by Barbour; 2. First [188] edition of Day Dawn by J. H. Paton, funded by Russell; 3. Food for Thinking Christians; 4. All the Bible Student's tracts [1881] especially Tract 6 by A. D. Jones [One known original survives.] 5. A true first printing of Plan of the Ages; 6. Finished Mystery booklet. Advertising booklet printed for colporteurs and never used because of ban. 7. 1959 version of of Kingdom Ministry Course.

• joey jojo
    joey jojo

Skin, you mentioned a time when congs were told to get rid of the old literature. When exactly did that happen? A jw friend told me about this and how his cong literally burned the old stuff.

I was already fading when this happened so I missed the whole thing.

Is there anything on this forum about it?

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

If it hasn't already been mentioned...Aid To Bible Understanding (many referred to it as the Blue Book). This book got the axe shortly after Raymond Franz got the boot.

• objavitelj
    objavitelj

Holy Bible

• smiddy
    smiddy

Does the KH still have a library where you can borrow books ? if so what is the earliest book you have access to ?

Just curious.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Does the KH still have a library where you can borrow books ? if so what is the earliest book you have access to ?

Just curious.

My old KH has a copy of one of Russells books, cant remember which one it was. I dont think anyone has ever read any of them though.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit