Any Good People left in the Organization

by jst2laws 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jst2laws
    jst2laws

In another thread Islandwoman said:

My point is, should we now believe that all the "good" ones are out and there is no possibility that others may still exist? To me it does not make sense to believe that. Personally, I know that there are still fine brothers there but that is my personal experience not worth much on a discussion board so reason must be applied, imo.

Do you feel there are no good people left?

I personally feel many of us were good people when we went in to the Org and because we were good people we came back out of it when we saw through it. If that is true, then everyday there are more new JW's getting baptized who are good people and they are beginning a long painful journey ending in again exiting the WT.

What do you think?

If there are any there do you believe there are enough in possitions of influence to affect any change.

Jst2laws

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Of course there are good people who continue to be deceived and fall under the illusion of spiritual superiority.

If we feel otherwise - that there were no good people left in the WTS - we might feel obligated to develope a thesis about just WHEN the cut-off occurred. Naturally, it woould have taken place just after WE made OUR decision to leave, right? "Yes, in fulfillment of the prophecy Paul wrote to the Friggilonians, on March 23, 1992 the separating work concluded, and the last wholesome person of impecccable character left the WTS, leaving the WTS a catacomb of filthy rotting corpses."

Part of the reason the WTS is so wrong is because they are just so self-important and judgemental. Let's not be like that.

• Hamas
    Hamas

I used to think that maybe there were many good people left in the Borg, but since I stopped going to the meetings these so-called good people haven't bothered to see me once.

I remember an elder saying to me that you are suprised to find out other peoples traits when you become spiritually close to them. He was talking specifically of an elder that had a squeeky clean image but turned out to be a bit of a git.

One persons REAL love takes them so far in the Society, then Organization thinking gets the better of them and they begin to think and act the way that the Watchtower wants them to. I used to think that If ever I stopped going, many people would come to see him. The reality was so different, I even had to WRITE to an elder to REQUEST a visit. I must have been feeling in a particually argumentitive mood that day.....

Good guys are left, but they become 'Good again' once they leave the Borg.

• minimus
    minimus

What or who is good??? If you mean, good, decent persons I think that there are a number of JW's that are "good". But the ranks of discerning people are dwindling quickly. All that will be left will be automated brain dead Witnesses.

• beckyboop
    beckyboop

I guess I think they are ALL good at some level, because WE were all brain dead witnesses at some point too. Some of us were buried deeper in the shit than others, but in the end we all have the potential to see through it and dig ourself out.

As for enough being able to affect change, what hasn't changed? None of the teachings are the same from the early days, and they continually have "new light". I think that it's specifically because there are enough people who shake things up that the doctrines change. The jw's are already more mainstream than I know I can believe. And the more that people are connected and educated, the more things can change.

Hmmm, maybe I'm becoming an optimist?

Becky

• Shakita
    Shakita

Mr. Shakita and I still have occasional contact with many "good" witnesses. These were people who we shared births with, deaths with, graduations.....just all the regular stuff friends share with each other. These people were, and still are, good and decent human beings. The problem is not with the people, the problem is with the organization. Some would say that the organization IS the people. I do not agree. The organization is the policies that the people follow. As long as these policies inflict pain and suffering among the "good" people, we will have no part of it.

Mrs. Shakita

• Ghost of Esmeralda
    Ghost of Esmeralda

yeah, there are.

unfortunately, a lot of them are leaving it the only way they know how, in body bags :(

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

How about naming some who you were associated with.what do you know about them today?

Dean Songer, Jerry Decker, Charles Jackson,Dwanye Lee,Dan Kallistead,etc.Where are they now ,in or out?Are they considered good people?

• xjw_b12
    xjw_b12

Excellant " topic of conversation "............... I can't believe I just said that !

I think there are millions of good people left in the org. They just haven't realized it yet.

But as for the mature wise ones...........those who have a yearning for knowledge, those who have that true passion for truth and understanding, and never keeping asking questions.........they have either left or are dead.

I really do not see the new and up and coming within the jws having the same zeal and passion as the previous generations. To them it's just a religion.

• JH
    JH

Just about eveybody is good in the org. You HAVE to be good to accept all that trash they shove down your throat and take it with a smile.

One day, these good people will get fed up of being lied to.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit