Cart witnessing at the Toyota Grand Prix

by Dagney 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Dagney
    Dagney

Picture 185,000 people on the streets attending the biggest event in Long Beach. There is a main downtown street which is the only way into the Grand Prix. It’s chaos because it is not private property that can be contained; these are working boulevards with cars and people vying to get where they want to go.

And there they are on the main corner, across from the entrance, right in the middle are the cart witnesses. I would have snapped a pic but as most people understand, this is not the time to stop and block foot traffic. They had weird big grins in their face while holding up the mags as literally thousands of people are rushing by.

We cross the street going towards the entrance gate and there is another set of carts, 20 ft away from the security check. Everybody needs to go through this area and it backs up surrounding the carts. I did not notice them until I’m right up to them. Nothing should surprise me about these folks but I was when coming face to face. Again the weird fakey fake smile.

On the way out after the race they positioned themselves in the middle of the walkway so you had to go around them.

Remember in the old days we used to say if people would see the dubs on their street and say “oh those dubs are back again” it was a witness because they acknowledged our being there. Is this what is going on here? No one will ever stop to talk with them except other dubs. There is no other reason to position themselves in this type of venue. I doubt even dubs that were at the GP would even stop to talk with them, because well, they should be out in FS not at the race!

it is just amazing how they have convinced themselves of their own relevance. Good job WBTS! You got them busy in a nothing work.

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

The pioneers in the congregation I was in love doing the carts because of the easy hours. What a ridiculous waste of time!

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Ah the LBC grand prix. I love it. Its an amazing time!

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

every singe method they've ever used in preaching this life saving message is a waste of time

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

You didn't rush over and take all their publicactiosn? You could have thrown them all away in or out of their site.

You could also call the people responsible for allowing them in and explain that what they are offering is hate propaganda. No one wants that kind of reputation these days.

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Just another merchandise stand.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

You could have said "What? No racing strips? How fast can these things go around the track?

• Khaleesi
    Khaleesi

Yup seen them too, i live in the surrounding area.

Soo glad im out!

• AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

I watched a cart gig on Saturday morning - I was in a Coffee Bar across the road from the cart working on the Internet - and in 2 hours they did not engage a single soul nor did a single soul take anything off the cart - They just stood there in a very frozen pose [in a cold wind] and chatted to each other. The man in the party didn't even fetch the lady a warm coffee in all that time.

As a Social Responsibility initiative they could at least distribute Free Condoms from the cart .......this is after-all Africa where HIV is rife !

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

Reminds me of when I go to a game or an event in the stadiums near me. There’s always these Christian guys yelling though mega phones and others walking around with big signs over their heads. Now these guys don’t get much attention so why would anyone care about some JW freaks standing still next to a cart? Just stupid so stupid!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit