Venting.........uurrgghhh

by nightwarrior 10 Replies latest jw friends

• nightwarrior
    nightwarrior

Today NW and I were out shopping with our two youngest (14,15).

Well I got chatting to someone, and then realised that a group of about 20 or so young people had gathered close by, and then the clapping and singing began, and then, each one would take centre stage to shout about the Lord!! Fine, everyone is allowed freedom of speech.

The thing is, today I realised just how angry inside I am regarding ALL religion, because as I am stood chatting, my two kids are stood behind me, and were being spoken to by one the group, and so I was listening with half an ear, then begged to be excused, as I turned around and explained that really we as a family were JWs for 30 odd years, and we have had enough of religion, so kindly back off.

I returned to chatting, and STILL this woman continued chatting to our daughter, who has been brought up to be polite, and not to be rude!!! Well, our daughter was then told that she was going to Hell, unless she repented and turned to Christ - well I blew my top----- I excused myself again from my chatter, and turned full force on this woman -

I was so ANGRY, how dare she tell my daughter these things especially after I had very politely asked her to leave us alone.

I told her in no uncertain terms, what I thought of religion - ALL religion, how it is all a 'snare and a racket' and that no doubt the person in charge of them was raking the money in somewhere along the line.

Also that we had our own 'personal' faith, and that we had done all the 'preaching stuff' so we did not need to be told how to worship our God.

Well the conversation went on - Then I turned back to my chat!

When we continued walking, I realised just how the jWs had got me - I fully realised how angry I feel, so I can only get better - thank goodness.

But then, this group started up again, and spouting forth, so NW told them in his loud voice that God is NOT religious - he was accosted - hehehehe, but he is so calm and cool, and listened to the guy speaking to him, and explained one or two things to him - but me, I did not want to know.

All I can say is that I am so sorry that I spent years 'preaching' to people who had other beliefs and were happy. it is what is in the heart that counts.

What we did notice though, was that it was only the 'young' people being 'witnessed' too, not older ones !!!

My son was also grabbed, and he thought the guy was cool, because he was telling him jokes, and he brought a piece of literature home with him, when I checked it, it was really funny one liners, until in the middle of the leaflet, was a load of scripture - so I pointed out to him how crafty these people are, by appealing to the humour of youngters. He quickly saw where I was coming from.

Oh well - sorry to have gone on - but I needed to vent

Thanks for listening

mrs nightwarrior

• Dansk
    Dansk
    STILL this woman continued chatting to our daughter, who has been brought up to be polite, and not to be rude!!! Well, our daughter was then told that she was going to Hell, unless she repented and turned to Christ

Sad!

Dansk

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Mrs. Nightwarrior...good heavens, where in the hell do these lunatics take it upon themselves to speak to your daughter in such a fashion?

Good for you for giving them an ear full.

If anything, after having been in the JW cult, it's enough to make anyone spot a charlatan in millisecond. Lunatics abound.

Glad you ranted, and I'm glad you spoke up, who knows where these fire'n'brimstone folks will show up next.

How dare that foolish brainwashed woman speak to your daughter, let alone even the gall, in your presence about her so-called pending salvation/damnation.

I'm glad you pointed out to your son, the stealth and craftiness that these people exercise in trying to ensnare unsuspecting, trusting individuals. How clever (or so they thought) that they tried to hoodwink your son with wisecracks, jokes and seemingly innocuous literature. Bang on Mrs. NW - you're one wise and protective Mom. (2 thumbs up, from everyone)

How was your daughter after this ordeal? I hope she's OK. How about your son, did he have anything to say about what you told him?

Best to you, and your two children. Sorry to read that you had to deal with such people.

• Shakita
    Shakita

Mrs. Nightwarrior:

They were concentrating on the "young" people because they are more impressionable and naive. All religion is the same, brainwash them while they are young and they are probably "in" for life. Makes me madder than Hell. This kind of gang proselytizing sounds very intimidating and downright scary! I hope your kids are ok...if anyone "grabbed" my kid and starting spouting religious crap, I don't know what I would do! It seems that you and your husband handled the situation very well. I think this "gang" should watch out, the parent of the next kid they "grab" might not be so nice as you guys!

Mrs. Shakita

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

this happened to me atleast twice a week for 3 yrs that I lived in TN. The Walmart let them have a revival tent in the parking lot that you had to walk thru to get into the store! It got to the point for me that I just had to be rude. You can't be nice to these fundys--they are so invasive and disrespectful.

Ravyn

• shera
    shera

Religions that use fear tatics,isnot loving to me.They get people by using fear and keep them from fear.Its not healthy and would a loving God want us to be fearful like that all the time?

All that hand clapping and yelling about God and the time has come,just turns me off. I would have told them telling someone they are going to hell is very judmental and asked them what happens to judgmental people? Blahh

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32

I was talking to a coworker and religion came up. She and her husband are not religious at all and very liberal, but her husband's parents are very strict about religion... even moreso than the dubs.

Her mother-in-law told her that women who wear pants are just asking to get raped. And they'll deserve the rape, too! I couldn't believe it. Apparently God only wants women to wear dresses. God will want you to get raped if you wear pants. Disgusting...

Her mother-in-law also says that dinosaurs never existed. Apparently they are incompatible with a literal/fundamentalist view of the bible. Uh, ok.

• DJ
    DJ

wow, even as I am a Christian myself, I would have been turned off. Professing Christ and possessing Him are two different things.

• shera
    shera
    Her mother-in-law also says that dinosaurs never existed. Apparently they are incompatible with a literal/fundamentalist view of the bible. Uh, ok.

Uh ok is right....hmmm I wonder where all those bones came from?

• drwtsn32
    drwtsn32
    Uh ok is right....hmmm I wonder where all those bones came from?

She must have been a "young earth" christian... one that believes the earth to be only 6000 years old. So many facts are incompatible with the young earth viewpoint it's simply rediculous.

Dinosaurs are only one. How can we see stars that are millions of light-years away? How long does it take for diamonds to form? How about the grand canyon?

I wish jay-dubs were young earth creationists... I would have left the org much sooner.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit