An idea for $$$ and a cookbook for Simon's board

by Lady Lee 59 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hippicon

Do you think you could throw a few GB members into your stew?

Just make a few ingredient changes

GB stew
    GB stew
    Gooey Brewy
    Gummy Bubbly
    GB stew!

• Simon
    Simon

LadyLee

I have no objections (as long as I don't have to cook) and thank you for the thought.

Don't feel obliged to go to so much trouble though ... I'd hate for you to get bogged down with so much work.

I have learned something new on this topic: I never imagined that recipes would or could be copyrighted !

"Make my stew and I will sue !"

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Simon check your PM

You can Make the recipe you just can't put it in your book and say it was yours. or put it in your book without permission from the autthor.

As for the cooking - if you don't mind I think I would prefer recipes from your wife thank you. We'll keep you out of the cooking area and in the eating area. Hmm this could be interesting if we have to get you to be the guines pig for all the recipes LOL

• Lutece
    Lutece

You can count me in, I have hundreds of original recipes, I'll pull out some of my favorites to share.

Now this really is eating from the table of demons, hehehe

I love it!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well if we are going to do this I think we might need a few recipes folks.

To have a book of 100 pages we might need 150 - 200 recipes. This would give us an e-book that could sell for about $10.00 US

Please e-mail [email protected] or post recipes here along with a name you want included in the book. I think first names alone would be sufficient. Some might want to protect their privacy and I think it would be better if we had some standard format for identifying people with thier submissions and still protecting their privacy.

It could be interesting if we included where you got the recipe from

My Aunt Ida from New Zealand used to make this on special occasions

If you can add measurement equivalents Metric and Imperial it would be appreciated. And if you know an ingredient has more than one name please provide it if you can.

If someone sees an ingredient and you don't know what it is please ask. Hopefully someone else will know its alternate name.

There is usually an increase in people buying e-books before xmas. It might be nice to have this up and on the market before then.

Anyone want to try writing an intro to this cookbook? Some info about its purpose and the collective who contribute to it

I think too that for marketablilty it might be good to find a title that speaks more to it being a cookbook than us being apostates. So we will need some titles that will attract people to the book

I need more ideas here folks. What do you think? What are your ideas? What do you like about cookbooks? What do you think is miising that we might be able to include?

• wednesday
    wednesday

i would certaily buy this, as i am looking for low salt, and heart healty foods, and menu plans.

I once bought a small cookbook called "cheap and easy" . It was great. Simple foods, easy to follow. I hate complicated receipes.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Good points Wednesday

so maybe chapters

• Healthy eating
    • Easy and affordable

Others?

• Prisca
    Prisca

• Entrees
    • Breakfast food
    • Picnic food
    • Entertaining
    • Main Meals
    • Desserts
    • Special Occasions
    • Ole Favourites eg what Grandma used to make
    • International
    • Cakes
    • Non-alcoholic drinks
    • Lunches
    • Meals for Two (or One)
    • Vegetarian
    • BBQs

I'll add more if I think of them. I'd love to contribute a recipe or two. I'll have to find something that can be made universally, as many foods I make use locally-produced products, although it's more than probable that other countries such as the USA and England have similar products.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    Entrees

There's a case in point, Pris. What we call entrees are called appetizers by Americans. They call the main course the entree.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Great list Prisca

I guess we could find some generic words that would span the different countries and cultures

Starters instead of Entree/Appetizers

The Main Event instead of Entree/Main Course

The whole lunch/dinner/supper confusion would need to be sorted out

Steph I really do appreciate all your points. They are excellent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit