So, who sleeps in early, and who sleeps in late?(fluff)

by obiwan 25 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven

I usually go to bed at around 12.00 pm and wake up at 7.30am... during weekends the latest I get up is 9.30....

Greven

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I enjoy sleeping late on weekends but I have a husband who hates that, he calls it slothful. So if I really want to sleep in, I fake being sick so he won't bother me.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I am a sloth LOL If I don't have school I sleep as late as possible yesterday it was 12:30 LOL I have been getting up at around 9:00-10:00 which is early for me. Thunder says I see only one eight o'clock a day ROFLMAO He is an early riser usually the latest he sleeps is 6:30AM and we are in bed by 10:00AM. But, I am much better than when my depression was full blown.

• iiz2cool
    iiz2cool

I usually go to bed as late as possible. I'm one of these guys who thinks he's missing out on something when unconscious, and I won't go to bed until I have to. Once my face falls into my book or monitor a few times I'll get a clue and go to bed. Never before 1 am. My alarm goes at 5:30 and I usually start staggering around by 6:30. I sleep in weekends - about 8:30. Then I have to get up because I'm getting sore. Walter

• Nikita
    Nikita

This about says it all for me.

NIGHT OWL (James Taylor)

Now a fish kinda likes the water
    And that's just where he wants to be
    And a monkey kinda digs bananas
    So he lives in the top of a tree
    But my eyes are made for darkness
    So the nightime is right for me
    'Cause I'm a night owl honey, sleep all day long
    I'm a night owl honey, sleep all day long

Most folks they like the daytime
    'Cause they like to see the shining sun
    They're up in the mornin'
    Off and a runnin' till they're too tired for havin' fun
    But when the sun goes down
    And the bright lights shine
    My daytime has just begun
    I'm a nightowl honey, sleep all day long

Won't you turn out them bright lights baby
    They're just about to drive me blind
    Oh won't you draw then curtains for me papa
    Watch and you'll see my love light shine

Now there are two sides to this great big world
    And one of them is always night
    If you can take care of business in the sunshine baby
    I guess you're gonna be alright
    But don't come looking for me to lend you a hand
    My eyes just can't stand the light

Except, I don't sleep all day long-just wish I could (or at least until about 10AM) usually I'm up by 9.

Nikita

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    I am a sloth LOL If I don't have school I sleep as late as possible yesterday it was 12:30 LOL I have been getting up at around 9:00-10:00 which is early for me.

LOL Sheila, me too! (I was born in MO [St Joe], wonder if there's a connection ) Maybe if I didn't have to get up to pee 3+ times a night I'd get more rest and not have to sleep as long.

Why is it that getting up earlier in the morning takes on such a moral quality in our society? Hubby works til 3 a.m. on weekend mornings, and some people act like it's awful that he sleeps "so late" (3 am til 11 am is still just 8 hours). Of course, I could sleep 12 -15 hours if I'd let myself. I think that during the work week I just don't get enough sleep - having to wake up at 6:30 to get to work...and I'm exhausted by the weekend and try to catch up.

I'm looking forward to actually getting moved to AZ...that 2 hour time difference is going to go along much better with my internal clock!

I'm not a night person, I'm a morning person who lives in the wrong time zone!

• Valis
    Valis

I'm goofing off right now, till I have work again in June...I sleep whenever and wake up whenever...but usually I wake up about 8 or 8:30 in the morning...think real hard if there's any pressing business, then I pass back out, depending on my schedule or lack thereof..

Sincerely,

Disttict Overbeer

• blondie
    blondie

I'm up with the sun; which of course means sometimes I'm up at 5 and sometimes I have to drag myself out of bed in the dark in the wintertime to get to work on time.

I like to hibernate in the winter; but in the spring and summer I love getting up early.

I am a night owl too staying up till midnight; my family was like that.

I have been sleeping about 5 to 6 hours all my life and can survive on 3 to 4.

Blondie

• flower
    flower

I remember being a kid on summer vacation from school and sleeping all moring not getting up till almost noon! Man what I wouldnt give to sleep in just one day! lol. I havent slept in since the last month of my pregnancy almost 4 years ago. Now I get up at 645am during the week and on the weekends I get up whenever my son comes and jumps in my bed and starts giggling..usually between 6 and 7 am. I have tried wearing him out or keeping him up late but it doesnt matter, the latest we have gotten up that I can remember is quarter to 8. Sometimes I like to stay up really late on the weekends cause its the weekend after all but man do I pay for it the next day!

flower..of the *yawning at her desk* class ;)

• Mulan
    Mulan

During most of my teen and young adult life, I was always sleep deprived, not able to sleep in except occasional weekends. This was especially true when we had our babies.

Now that my life is such that I could sleep late, if I wanted to, I am awake early everyday.............especially weekends. If I happen to sleep until say 8:00, which is rare, I feel like I've wasted the day. Dumb, huh?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit