45 Minute Bethel Video about Changes (downsizing) at Watchtower

by OnTheWayOut 46 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence
    At one time, not all that long ago, Bethel service was the ULTIMATE goal. What is the ultimate goal now? Shut up and donate?
  • sparky1
    sparky1

"What is the ultimate goal now?" - My Name is of No Consequence

I think the new 'GOAL' is to turn every 'rank and file' Jehovah's Witness into a perpetual cash machine to feed the Watchtower Machine.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

What is the ultimate goal now?

Probably to hope their antidepressant meds keep them functional enough to stay above the national average.

• pepperheart
    pepperheart
    In the may broadcast of jw tv they were telling you that the questions people ask book at 318 pages thick is going to be replaced by a 32 page booklet
  • OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Page 5 replies:

My Name, sparky1- thanks for pointing out the ultimate goal.

Keyser soze, thanks for an alternative thought on goals.

Pepperheart, they could replace it with one sentence. "Don't question, just obey."

• pepperheart
    pepperheart

wow is it 12 months since this happend

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

OTWO:

After reading all the posts, I have to agree with BALDEAGLE, even though I could tell you disagreed with him by defending bethelites by saying they 'were genuine in their desire to do what's right'...However, what he said was hard hitting but true.

While they may have had good intentions, some made very callous remarks about Witnesses who worked at full-time jobs. I WAS such a Witness and I am glad I held onto my full-time job until the end. Thankfully, I ignored the chorus of fools who considered me "not spiritual" and made sure I was hardly invited and even shunned by some JWs... Imagine? Just for working to support myself.

As BALDEAGLE said: let them work and pay their own way...I don't want to know about them or their predicament and am relieved to NOT be in the congregations nowadays dealing with the audacity of hypocrites imagining they are going to target for money the very people they criticized. Not gonna happen!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit