Who watched the American Idol sing-off tonight on Fox?

by morrisamb 44 Replies latest social entertainment

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Trot I have to agree about the voting 200 times. I couldn't believe Reuben's mother was gloating she got through that many times.

Not fair but I bet a lot of people on Clay's side did the same.

The one thing that consoles me about Clay not winning is that he will be free a lot faster to do what he wants. Neil Sedaka said he would kill to produce Clay's first album. I noticed Sedaka was in the audience last night and I would love to know if he had a contract in his pocket for Clay.

People have said Simon wouldn't know how to market Clay but I bet you Sedaka has a really excellent idea what to do with him

Go Clay

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Yes, Trot, you sure said a mouthful and I couldn't disagree more...I think Kimberley should have won, but I can admit Clay has a strong voice, but Reuben certainly can sing, and he sang well the entire competition...

One of things that I thought today was how no one seemed to be bitter that one or the other won...that is until I read your post...whew...

I just watched Divas Live...the top "divas" singers performed and I can't believe how many of them sucked singing live...these Divas have wonderful studios to make them sound good...there is no way someone is going to put out a record of Reuben's voice without a top production team working on it. And for the those who don't like to see a "fat" man sweat, cd buyers/radio listeners won't have to.

For my money, give me fat, give we sweat, just as long as you sing with body, mind and soul. At least half of us percentage-wise think Reuben can do just that!

• sandy
    sandy

What is so wrong about voting more than once? Everyone was doing it so there is nothing unfair about it.

Throughout the season I voted up to 40 times for each contestant I wanted to make the next round.

I love Clay's voice. He really has great range and a beautiful tone. I will definitely buy his CD when it comes out.

But, I am glad RUBEN WON. I was sooooo happy for him. For those of you saying he has no range, open your ears. Ruben has great range. I love what his version of "Imagine". It was fresh as someone already pointed out. And his last two songs were good too.

I loved his last song "Flying Without Wings"! The lyrics were beautiful. And it was a perfect song to end the night as the American Idol.

I also loved Clay's version of Bridge Over Troubled Water. It was beautiful.

I love Clay at the beginning of his songs how he starts off in that lower range with such beautiful tone and richness. But, I have to say sometimes he is over the top when he belts out the higher notes.

I am sorry but I wouldn’t know how to market Clay in the Pop World either. He is too different and in my opinion, too good for those boy band type songs. He sings too cabaret which I happen to like but, that will downplay his chances of succeeding in Pop music.

I do think they will market Ruben to an older audience. He can be the next Luther Vandross.

• Mecurious?
    Mecurious?

Trot chill out. Its over, America got it right for once!

I can't believe CLAY did not win. It looks like a lot of people who voted for Kimberly, voted for Reuben.
    And your point is?...
    Personally, I think Reuben could have fallen flat on his face and some people would have still voted for him. Hm-m-m-m-m I wonder why? And that includes Judge Randy Jackson. What favortism. Obviously, some people have forgotten that there's a lot of songs on a CD. Reuben's are all going to sound the same.
    Guess what ? Me and millions of others ("some people") are going to buy as many cd's as we can.

Clay can "out-sing" Reuben any day of the week. It kills me that he has to take a back-seat to Reuben.

Nope, not unless you like Barry Manilow.

I bet Clay succeeds faster than Rueben because he has...guess what? An amazing voice, versatility, and a stage presence to boot! Obviously, some people must think that doesn't count or forgot about it in the stupid frenzy.

To me clay's voice is best suited for broadway or opera. Obviously, most people agree because he didn't win.

I think it should have been Kimberly Locke and Clay as the top 2. At least they have good voices.

Nope, It should have been Tryneice and Ruben.

And that's the end of this subject for me.

Brian'

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

What is this stuff about Kimberley's votes going to Reuben? I have read this a couple of times now and sorry it doesn't add up

When Kimberley got voted off there was a 2% difference between Clay and Reuben and 4% between the three of them so they got about 31 - 33 - 35 % of votes

If in the last vote between Clay and Reuben it was 49.? and 50.? they how can you say that Kimberley's votes went to Reuben. Looks to me like they split right down the middle about half her votes going each way.

I never was much for math but I think that is about right

As for the voting 200times by one person? That in my mind is just unfair. Depending on where you are in the country and the number of people on the lines it winds up being luck who gets through. And in my mind that is not fair.

That being said I still think Clay gets the better deal - fame without heavy AI committments

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit