Who watched the American Idol sing-off tonight on Fox?

by morrisamb 44 Replies latest social entertainment

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

I thought Reuben was superb on all 3 of his songs; Clay sang the best only on his 3rd song.

Just because Clay sang a great final few notes on his 3rd song, doesn't mean he deserves to be American Idol.

My best friend and I hope Reuben wins, but believe Clay will get more votes.

Earlier today I heard bleach-blond Frenchie who got booted off for her topless photos sing on a morning show...she would have blown the competition out of the water!

• Gopher
    Gopher

I watched!

I was a Clay-man until tonight. Reuben was clearly the better performer tonight. (Until Paul Anka came on and sang his composition "My Way" as "You did it Your Way".) I want to vote for Paul.

But seriously, it was a fun show to watch, and whoever wins, my hat is off to him. (I must argue just one point with you --- I think Clay did well on all the notes in "Bridge Over Troubled Water", not just the last few.)

• wednesday
    wednesday

i just voted for clay. reuben has no expression on his face. and all his songs sound alike. Anyway, GO CLAY.

weds

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I watched. Frankly I was disappointed in both of them.

Rueben's voice tends to get a little hoarse after his second song. By his third song I was waiting for it to be over. I love his voice but tonight he just didn't move me. He is warm and comforting but not moving tonight.

I thought Clay's first song was the best of the night. His second song showed a lot of range and was I thought rather risky but well done. And I wasn't impressed with the last song although he did show the power of his voice. In the past Clay has given me chills more than once but not tonight.

Still hoping for Clay though. I think his range is greater and when he loosens up can do other types of song. I was really hoping to be rocked tonight.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

PS Hubby tried to vote for Clay tonight but it seems the Canucks are locked out with those phone numbers

And we aren't looking forward to the Canadian Idol show. The promos have been dismal

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Honestly?

I am glad tomorrow is the last episode for the season.

I for one am getting TIRED of American Idol mania.

I hope to enjoy my summer without being bombarded by their BS. However I know that we, the general public, will be subjected to American Idol movies, albums, singles, and souvenirs (t-shirts, posters, coffee mugs)

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH already!

(of the grumpy tonight class)

• wednesday
    wednesday

I have to agree, neither singer rocked tonight. Now , take , Imagine, that is an awesome song and would have been better for clay. I can see him really giving it voice. Reuben is sweet,and i'm sure will get in show biz b/c of this show, but his voice has little range. it all sounds the same.I see clay on broadway and , whether he is the american idol or not, he's got a future.

I think clay's voice could do some Queen songs. I think he has that kind of voice. An opera voice. Can u imagine someting form Phamton? wow that would have been great.

weds

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Oh yes Clay doing Phantom of the Opera - now that would give me chills. Too bad he didn't do something like that. Yeah I can see him doing a bit of Queen too.

I have this feeling though that they are given a choice of songs to select from and that choice is more pop.

From the skits they did I think Clay would be good doing a touch of comedy. He doesn't seem to mind laughing at himself.

Rueben was workin hard under thouse lights. The last few shows he has been breaking out in a heat sweat his last songs.

Meanwhile Clay finishes up and still looks cool as a cucumber. I can see Clay doing an hour concert. Can't see Reuben holding up that long

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I like them both but Clay was outstanding tonight. I worry about Ruben being able to do the intense touring that they both are going to do. I will be happiest if Clay wins

• shera
    shera

I love the both of them but my votes go to Clay.His voice is wonderful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit