Who watched the American Idol sing-off tonight on Fox?

by morrisamb 44 Replies latest social entertainment

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Based on the relatively small poll here...guess Clay is going to win...

Don't hate me..I don't think Clay did wonderfully last night and I that it was a boring night! Still wish Kimberley was in the house!

Didn't you think it was interesting what Clay said way back at his first meeting with the judges. If he had been in last year's competition, he would have been in the top 2.

Please, please tonight anybody but Justin make a singing guest appearance!

Me wonders why Paula never sings on the show...not even a note...although, somewhere I read she was getting a new recording contract.

I do think Reborn is right...I need the summer off from American Idol and I WILL NOT see that American Idol movie!

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

I watched it last night, I sure got sucked into the American Idol hole again. Clay was tops last night in his range. He is an amazing talent. I definitely think he will edge Ruben. Ruben is amazing though. He's got that suave voice.

This year has had an amazing group of talent when compared to last year's crop of Idol wanna-bes.

Frenchie is doing "Rent" on Broadway. She's doing that song "Seasons of Love." (The only song I know from the play). Frenchie would have won if she hadn't shown her boobs on some website.

• dubla
    dubla

reborn-

I am glad tomorrow is the last episode for the season.

I for one am getting TIRED of American Idol mania.

I hope to enjoy my summer without being bombarded by their BS. However I know that we, the general public, will be subjected to American Idol movies, albums, singles, and souvenirs (t-shirts, posters, coffee mugs)

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH already!

(of the grumpy tonight class)

amen brother! has anyone else noticed how long and drawn out this one has been compared to the first go round? i mean, good god, they had a whole episode just to hype up the final sing off, then had the sing off episode, and now have yet another episode to see who won the sing off.....um, can you say overkill?? i try to avoid the show at all costs after the initial phase of cuts (which is actually pretty funny stuff), but i still get subjected to the twentyseven weeks of competition between the final ten (overkill, and more overkill), bc my girlfriend constantly has it on.

*ugh*, farewell american idol.........im sure the next version will be twice as long as this last one.................

aa

• Shakita
    Shakita

I didn't get to see last nights show. But, my husband said Clay nailed the song "Bridge over Troubled Water" and said he thinks he will win based on that performance.

I think Clay and Kelly Clarkson will make a great singing duo. I hope they have them sing at some future time, their voices should blend well together.

Mrs. Shakita

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

I agree completely dubla.

Not only are they purposely airing more shows (such as the Monday night hour special which gave the final two contestants an opportunity to sing THREE MORE songs), but the Top 12 will be going on a national tour this year, they have already released a single, the film with last year's winners (Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini) is being released early next month, three of the contestants from last year are releasing albums currently (Tamyra Gray, Kelly Clarkson, Justin Guarini) and it never seems to end.

Not only are we bombarded with endless American Idol products, but the media seems so obsessed to cover it that no matter what venue you turn to, you cannot escape it.

As a crude example:

Morning talk radio = discussing American Idol contestants and updates

Morning news television = coverage of American Idol updates and news

Afternoon talk radio = repeat or rehash of morning talk radio covering American Idol

Afternoon news television = repeat of morning news television updates of American Idol

Evening radio = newest updates on American Idol

Evening television = special documentaries and coverage of American Idol contestants

This is ad nauseum. I did not even mention the MAGAZINES all over the shelves covering American Idol. You cannot escape it! AHHHHHH

Can anyone say overkill?

I am HAPPY it is OVER on television tonight.

• Gopher
    Gopher

The idea of a national tour featuring winning amateur talent is not at all new.

In 1935, Ted Mack hosted a nationally-broadcast radio program called "Amateur Hour". It was a sensation, and even carried over to CBS Television during the 1950's and 1960's.

Going back to 1935 however, listeners were following who would win on the Amateur Hour program. The winners would go on a train tour of the United States. Included in this tour was a group called the Hoboken Four, which included a 20-year-old blue-eyed singer named Frank Sinatra.

Frank Sinatra was the "American Idol" of his day, 68 years ago.

• shera
    shera

There is going to a Canadian idol starting here in june and didn't Simon say they are going to have a junior idol this yr?

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Unfortunately you are correct shera.

I have seen commercials here in the US for the upcoming American Idol Junior series.

It is essentially American Idol for children under the age 16 who will be performing. In the previews they emphasized the overly aggressive parents who are IMHO pushing their children too hard.

Then they have American Idol Canada.

See what I mean by overkill?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Yes it is overkill. I have to agree with that

BUT

I also think it is a great way to get some fresh raw talent some of the exposure they need. It is so hard to break into this business. Getting noticed can be more a matter of who you know that real talent. And I do think Kimberley (once she got going) Reuben and Clay all have some real talent

• Mulan
    Mulan

Imagine is one of my favorite songs and I thought Ruben brutalized it. I absolutely hated his version.
    Clay singing it would have been amazing. Right kind of voice for that song.

I was very disappointed in Ruben last night..........I really love him, but I think Clay nailed all his songs in a great way. Ruben's last song was good though.

Clay should win........but Ruben could.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit