Who watched the American Idol sing-off tonight on Fox?

by morrisamb 44 Replies latest social entertainment

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

Yes Reborn - our own Kelly and Justin beach party movie. I think they are trying to capture the magic of those old Annette and Frankie movies. Well I have seen the trailer, this is a hastily put together movie with choreographed moves with beach towels and bikinis. They started production of this movie in January and were planning to release it in April. I don't know the reason for the extension, perhaps to retool it or to cash in on the American Idol wave. Most movies don't come out for months after they are finished.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Reborn: That is why God made a controller if you don't like it turn itLOL I personally liked it but not as much as last year. I thought they just made it to campy, instead of it being tough it was weird with their parents there etc. I would rather see it like it was originally.

I really would like to see the kids but the parents will be HORRIBLE I hate stage parents. That push and prod their kids. Most don't realize when their voice changes sometimes they can't sing as well. Anthony had a beautiful singing voice was the lead in all the musical things, plays. But, when his voice changed he freaked out so much he quit choir. He now sings good again but lost the chance to pursue his choir because of the voice change.

I personally want "The Great Race" to come back on love that, they have challenges and you get to see the different countries it's friggin hilarious.

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    Reborn: That is why God made a controller if you don't like it turn it

That's just it. I DO change the channel.

Guess what is on the other channels? BIG SURPRISE! Coverage of American Idol. Behind-the-scenes or gossip/interviews with people on the show.

I changed the channel last night. EVERY local station had news coverage of American Idol.

I imagine within a few months (or years) we will get the VH1 Behind the Music exploitative documentary showing how some of the contestants who were eliminated became so depressed they became dependent on drugs to get by. Or perhaps we can get more coverage of the contestant's felonies? Trenyce's shoplifting or Corey Clark's assault-and-battery come to mind. No, I know.. how about more gratuitious sexual gossip talking about who is dating who or sleeping with whom?

You KNOW they are going to do it. Anything to cash in on the craze. As I mentioned in the previous post, there are far too many things they are doing right now. TV shows, musical tours, magazines, movies.. you CANNOT escape it even if you wanted to.

• dubla
    dubla

Reborn: That is why God made a controller if you don't like it turn itLOL

thats just it....you cant turn it.....its blasted all over the internet, every news channel (including cnn streaming updates about who was voted off).....and how many magazine covers at the gas station are devoted to american idol right now? 5? 6? of course we cant forget the commercials, more commercials, and then a few commercials..........did i mention the barrage of commercials?

aa

edited to say...oops, sorry about the duplicate post reborn......i guess we had the same idea there.

• worldlygirl
    worldlygirl

You guys think you have it bad - - I'm from Raleigh, NC, hometown of Clay Aiken. Not only do I have to suffer through the national coverage, guess what our local news channels have been covering? You guessed it. They even pre-empted GOOD television last week because Clay came home and sang the national anthem at the Durham Bulls game. And to top it all off, the mayor has declared a "Clay Aiken Day" to celebrate our local hero. (gag)

Worldlygirl

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

dubla-

We feel the EXACT SAME way. No need for apologies my friend. It feels good to know someone is as AGONIZINGLY EXHAUSTED by it as I am.

We even expressed our thoughts the same way. Eerie.. we may be more alike (especially after clarifying our political views on current events) than I originally thought.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Reborn:

Well, I was watching didn't realize it was on other channels LOL You need a good book to read hmmm "Thunder Riders Burden" comes to mind>

<shameless plugger for hubbies book class ROFLMAO

• dubla
    dubla
    And to top it all off, the mayor has declared a "Clay Aiken Day" to celebrate our local hero. (gag)

reborn-

We even expressed our thoughts the same way. Eerie.. we may be more alike (especially after clarifying our political views on current events) than I originally thought.

yeah, its funny how that works sometimes on a db.

aa

• Trotafox
    Trotafox

I'M SOUNDING OFF CAUSE I'M SERIOUSLY UPSET (but I'll get over it after I get this off my chest).

I can't believe CLAY did not win. It looks like a lot of people who voted for Kimberly, voted for Reuben. Personally, I think Reuben could have fallen flat on his face and some people would have still voted for him. Hm-m-m-m-m I wonder why? And that includes Judge Randy Jackson. What favortism. Obviously, some people have forgotten that there's a lot of songs on a CD. Reuben's are all going to sound the same. Ugh. A person can only take so many belly-rubbing songs in a row. I guess winning is going to take a marketing ploy to win in the future, e.g., "205" or "Velvet Teddy Bear" (gag!).

Clay can "out-sing" Reuben any day of the week. It kills me that he has to take a back-seat to Reuben. How someone can possibly think that a man who sings one kind of song with no range, no versatility, no stage presence, and no looks (unless you like big, fat men ) could constitute the next American Idol is beyond me. I wouldn't walk across the street to see a "free" concert of Reuben Studdard singing and sweating let alone buy his CD's. Some American Idol.

They both get record contracts. Gee I wonder why. It boils down to the fact that American Idol doesn't give a hoot about Rueben and Clay. They care about the $$$$. And ONE-HALF of the U.S. just said they liked CLAY. Uh-oh. Now what? They knew right away that unless they produced them both at the same time, they wouldn't get the $$$ out of them that they wanted.

I bet Clay succeeds faster than Rueben because he has...guess what? An amazing voice, versatility, and a stage presence to boot! Obviously, some people must think that doesn't count or forgot about it in the stupid frenzy.

I think it should have been Kimberly Locke and Clay as the top 2. At least they have good voices.

And what the !@#$ is this about voting 200 times? That should definitely not be permitted. Ridiculous. Does anyone know if American Idol had anything in place to catch voting from the same phone number more than once?

And that's the end of this subject for me.

Trot

• Mulan
    Mulan
    And what the !@#$ is this about voting 200 times?

Yeah, I don't get that either. That shouldn't be allowed.

You sure said a mouthfull. I guess we just wait and see what happens now. I tend to agree with your evaluation of their voices. I can't see myself buying Ruben's CD, but I will definitely buy Clay's.

I'm not prejudiced either............Clay just appeals to me more. Maybe it's the freckles.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit