Was it just me or was something different about the memorial last night?

by kpop 37 Replies latest jw friends

• UnshackleTheChains
    UnshackleTheChains

The memorial was incredibly lack luster last night. The speaker didn't help....Poor guy.

It was dull, boring and very generic.

I couldn't help feeling we are doing the complete opposite of what Jesus told us to do in regards to eating the bread and wine......ie carrying out a weird ritual of refusing the Lord's supper!!

• waton
    waton

Like the illustrations on the screens, from the invitation? casually dressed people going down into paradise, it was down, all the way. not up, not into the new Jerusalem,

• zeb
    zeb

love to you all.

One of the last Memorial I attended was run by just one elder when there were others could have taken part. The guy is sincere but his voice is a monotone drone.

No windows open and we were among the second cong to do the memorial that eve. the atmosphere was yuck breathing was difficult. I was starting to be on the outer and the wine was given me and snatched back.

just my $1 worth.

Incidentally when people sit and start to doze off it is high indication of a lack of oxygen in the hall.

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

The thing that was really different for me about the last 3 or 4 memorials is, I didn't really give a sh*t if I was there or not. I go only for my wife. It was just 5 years ago that I gave the Memorial talk to some 350 in attendance at our local high school. I have to admit that I deviated greatly from the wt outline because it was so friggin' boring. I resigned as an elder shortly thereafter. Thank you Jesus!

just saying!

• Isambard Crater
    Isambard Crater

But, despite all the reports of this year's memorial being lacklustre both in terms of delivering invitations and in the attitude of the people who attended, I've texted friends in five other congregations and all of them are reporting attendances 15-20% up on last year! Which saddens me, as it maybe means lots of family members and studies are believing the crap about the end being so near because of Russia and Trump, when nobody has attacked false religion yet.

• Nicholaus Kopernicus
    Nicholaus Kopernicus

Well done kpop. I hope many more follow your example and simply surrender their so called privileges in this organisation.

I give them no help whatever - either practical, intellectual, or financial.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Here in Holland the same. In automat modus!

G.

• purrpurr
    purrpurr

I wonder what would happen if someone took the wine when it's passed around and then just downed the whole glass in one?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit