Was it just me or was something different about the memorial last night?

by kpop 37 Replies latest jw friends

• jambon1
    jambon1

I wonder if the governing body enjoyed throwing cream cakes at each other during theirs?

Naked, of course.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

About the best thing that can happen to this damnation festival is to have three meters of snow forcing them to cancel the whole thing. You waste your time and energy being there, often risking a hounding and having to donate more money to the Worldwide Damnation Fund. And that's bad enough.

But, it is even worse. Everyone that is there ties in with nefarious human and animal sacrifices to joke-hova where children and animals are tortured and bled, and this is offered to joke-hova for the purpose of enslaving the world. Everyone that is at this wastefest, whether or not you partake, is donating your psychic and spiritual energy toward this crap--and that's why you feel so tired after. When I went, I felt worse after being at this thing (and the a$$emblies) than I did after working. Your energy is going toward the damnation of the whole planet if you attend, whether or not you partake.

And they wonder why I hope for a nasty blizzard with three or four meters of snow every time this damnation festival comes around? And why I am p***ed when it is too hot or dry for snow, or when it snows a wimpy lame few centimeters instead of several meters? Better to break out the old Ouija board and honestly reject both jesus and joke-hova, playing the Billy Idol song Plastic Jesus (on the album Devil's Playground) instead of wasting my time and energy donating both money and spiritual energy toward the damnation of the whole world.

• NikL
    NikL

Yeah kind of different here as well.

We have a two hall setup and the speaker was in the other hall while we watched it on TV. He didn't give the attendants a chance to pass the bread around in our hall before he started on the wine bit so the attendants were tripping over themselves to keep up. We must have had a bigger crowd than upstairs.

I also noticed nobody looked up bible scriptures. Hell, we didn't even bring them. Figured I would use our phones if we needed to.

Best crowd in a long time though. We were packed in like sardines and it was really warm. I was drowsing hardcore by the end of the talk. really boring and statements made that just had no scriptural backing.

All in all I am glad it's over for another year and I pray to God that he'll forgive me for not having the courage to stand up and refuse to go with my JW wife.

• blondie
    blondie

Memorial next year:

"You will note that everyone has a glass of wine and unleavened bread in front of them. As we discussed last Sunday's WT study, now all attending tonight will join in as Jesus' Kingdom supporters, whether in heaven or on earth."

I always wondered when the WTS would know that the last anointed had died and gone to heaven too. Hard to do with new people partaking every year.

• kpop
    kpop

I predict in 10 years- 144k partakers, 6 million members mostly from South America and Africa. ;) One day the JW cult will be known as the African religion. There is a lot of growth in Africa, in fact much more than I imagined but at the same time about the same amount of people are leaving in western nations thanks to the internet and the free flow of information.

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

The doorways of your perceptions are opening. Congratulations!

• redvip2000
    redvip2000
    A lady in front of me put a cracker in her purse, but she didn't know the ritual of refusing.

Good stuff. I have fantasized with the idea of showing up and taking huge gulps of the wine and also eating the crackers, just to see the stares of others.

I will check youtube later to see if there is any new videos about memorials.

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

I felt it too. Lots of people looking around during all the prayers too!

• Phoebe
    Phoebe

They never mentioned any figures at all at mine, but we did get a story about how in America, George Wilson in 1829, a convicted bank robber on death row, refused his formal pardon by President Andrew Jackson and how they couldn't figure out what to do and took it to the supreme court.

I thought that was quite interesting.

Apart from that pretty much everyone scuttled home after as fast as they could. Mostly because it was so late and kids were tired. That's my 64th Memorial. I'm pretty much done with it all now but I thought I'd go to the memorial.

• darkspilver
    darkspilver

Phoebe: story about how in America, George Wilson

Interesting, don't believe it was mentioned as a reference in the outline - so must have been added by the speaker....apparently from a 50-year-old Watchtower!

Watchtower 1 December 1967, page 720

By Man’s Way or by God’s Way—Which?

Even the Supreme Court of the United States of America has handed down the decision that a person with free moral agency has the right to choose to die rather than take advantage of certain legal provisions for sparing or preserving his life, on what basis? If the person cannot accept the terms or conditions upon which his life will be spared or preserved. [footnote] So, then, if the highest court of the land has no right to force life upon a person on terms unacceptable to him, the medical profession has no right, legal or ethical, to force its unscriptural methods of saving life upon a patient who would rather die than violate his conscience by breaking God’s holy law.

FOOTNOTE:

See the case of The United States v. George Wilson, which arose because this man refused to accept the presidential pardon issued by President Andrew Jackson on June 14, 1830. The decision of the Supreme Court insisted “That the court cannot give the prisoner the benefit of the pardon, unless he claims the benefit of it, and relies on it by plea or motion. The form in which he may ask it is not material to this inquiry; but the claim must be made in some shape by him. It is a grant to him; it is his property; and he may accept it or not as he pleases. . . . A pardon may be granted on a condition precedent or subsequent, and the party remains liable to the punishment if the condition is not performed. . . . Suppose a pardon granted on conditions, which the prisoner does not choose to accept? Suppose the condition is exile, and he thinks the sentence is a lighter punishment? Suppose he thinks it his interest to undergo the punishment, in order to make his peace with the public for an offence committed in sudden temptation? . . . ”

Mr. Chief Justice Marshall delivered the opinion of the Supreme Court, reminding the United States Government that “A pardon may be conditional; and the condition may be more objectionable than the punishment inflicted by the judgment. . . . This court is of opinion that the pardon in the proceedings mentioned, not having been brought judicially before the court by plea, motion or otherwise, cannot be noticed by the judges. . . . ”

Hence the pardon that would have spared the life of George Wilson was not allowed to affect the judgment of the law against him.—See 32 U.S. (7 Peters), page 150 ff.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_v._Wilson

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit