Video: "Iron Sharpens Iron"

by wifibandit 33 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wifibandit
    wifibandit
    I downloaded it from their broadcasting site. I put it on YouTube, the original file name and source Download link are in the YouTube description dropdown.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Holy Governing Body! Did I just hear the guy at around 19:00 or so tell me that he supports the difficult changes because he can feel the governing body governing? That we need the practice in being governed now because when Caesar is gone we'll need governing? I thought there was 100,000 kings and priests in the heaven, and some king named Jesus to govern us. Who knew that the governing body was going to rule us for 1,000 years in the paradise? That was the lamest answer that I've ever heard. The dissonance on display in this video is fascinating, disgusting, pitiable, and just awful. Admittedly I only skimmed this because it made me want to vomit, but thankfully I landed on this gem. He appreciates the governance of the governing body as they govern his every move like a government that likes to govern a lot. Idiots.
  • moomanchu
    moomanchu

Watchtower retirement plan is Jehovah will sustain you so go to a congregation where you are known so that you get better hand outs.

They want to learn how to be a real elder and learn how to have a bible study.

I wonder why the one guy says we always thought we would be young when the paradise would come?

• tiki
    tiki
    Sorry...I only got to 2:53 and had to off it. I can't stand that holier than thou self righteous bs. They are soooo full of themselves....
  • careful
    careful

WfB:

Thanks for reposting this vid. I would never had found it and listened to it on the official website (I rarely go there). I can understand the comments of others who were turned off by it, but I think it gives insight into what is going on within the org right now. Surely one purpose of it is indeed to demonstrate "the right attitude" toward being removed from DO positions ("reassigned"), and by extension, to do the same for others being dismissed from Bethel homes. I remember years ago when I was active, one ex-CO telling me how scary it was to leave the full-time work and find secular work in the greater world (he'd been raised in, served at Bethel, then took up the circuit work, so he never had a real job). He was not as aged as these bros., however. He also commented several times on how working in a worldly job, going to meetings in a local congo, and dealing with the real-life problems that faced the average bro. or sister taught him many things he never would have learned as a FT servant.

One of the observations made by some above struck me: none of them ever even smiles. The only one regularly smiling is the one with the secure FT position, who's still having the org pay for everything, the GB-helper interviewer. I cannot help but wonder if these 3 old-timers have some kind of serious internal questions/doubts/feelings of hurt for having been pretty much dumped but are unwilling, of course, due to their lifelong course of loyalty to admit this to themselves. They thus react by overcompensating in their comments and they are put forth as sterling examples, yet they do look extremely unhappy, in site of their claims otherwise. Are we to write off their obviously sad demeanor just to their advanced age and healthy problems, or are there deeper issues here?

• careful
    careful
    Or it it just that they are all hardliners and such people are generally unhappy and rarely smile?
  • SadElder
    SadElder

I didn't watch the whole stupid thing. I was disgusted the minute I saw Rodney Thompson. This guy was a dick. When he was here in Florida he pranced across the stage at assemblies like a king holding court.

I recall his crusade against one of the assembly hall overseers. He had a real vendetta going, but didn't realize that the guy he wanted to unseat had more clout than he did. Hah! What a jerk.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Actually, compared to many people these dudes have had a great life, got in early, all pals together we're gonna live forever yay! - thats not going to happen anymore (except a very few)

They are just facing what many old guys do on retirement - its just a fact of getting old.

The difference is, normally in the 'spiritual' trade surely their experience is more important than some young guys health, I mean priests dont retire do they or rabbis. Still, at least they get a stipend, more than most do.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

ps I thought Jesus was gonna give the orders in the new world - not fricking idiots like Herd & AM III.

I cant believe the way they keep bigging up the GB - Im an older girl who hasnt been around dubs for a while - its terrible, sick!

I'm beginning to wonder if the dubs are gonna take things into their own hands at some point in the future, say that they have revieved orders from JAH HQ to arm themselves up Wacco style & just start armaggedon themselves !

• Bonsai
    Bonsai
    This video probably wouldn't be much different if it were an elite general in North Korea called upon to interview three sub-generals who were given their retirement orders. They'd probably gush on about how The Republic has taken care of them and their families. Not one open, frank opinion would be uttered. They all have scripts to follow. What other choice do they have? One wrong word or voiced opinion would result in their being thrown out on the street.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit