Tell me why I bother?????

by asleif_dufansdottir 25 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

#$(@#$&^&%$#^%$@#^#^$&^!!!!!!! (I used to be a truck driver. trust me. I have the vocabulary)

AAAAGH! I sometimes post at another board, which has several active JWs who defend the society at all costs, even if that means blaming df'd victims of molestation and abuse.

GOD THEY ARE VILE!! Sometimes it's like wading in a sewer, the filth they spew. On one hand they'll say that 'independent thinking' is dangerous and heading toward apostacy, then on the other they'll say it's ridiculous for a JW wife to go to the elders rather than the police if her husband is abusing their kids. One even said the mother in question was responsible to Jehovah God for going to the elders and not going to the police.

GOD I am about frothing at the mouth! Why do I do this? Truthfully, it's not usually this upsetting. Part of me wants "interested ones" to see how ugly the society and its members really is. Part of me just can hardly let the JWs lie unchallenged.

Days like today, I end up spitting cat hair. You know, if it was ever justified that anybody be destroyed by a vengeful god, I think it would be for JWs who defend the society and blame the victim like this!! Perhaps Sekmet would be interested...or Kali!

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I guess Pratchett was right..."Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness."

...slowly getting my sense of humor back...

• Valis
    Valis

aslief...don't let them get you down...just chalk it up to being able to say "I told you so..."...even if it means talking to yourself like a crazy person, cuz I know...JWs, family or otherwise will drive you nuts...Its kind of like being on the outside of a specimen cup looking in....nasty huh? *LOL* Have a good day and don't choke on any furrballs...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

I saw your post at that other board. Those JW's posting there are nuttier than the average.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi Asleif!

Boy, do I HEAR ya on that! I stopped going over there a few weeks ago or so, because I found that I was getting more angry than amused, and getting absolutely NOWHERE with any kind of meaningful conversation! The hardheads and blindsheep (two classes) never really seem to answer any "straight-on"questions but shuffle around and rehash OTHER topics in the same thread. The only ones making any sense were you and RHW, and I didn't need to convince YOU two of anything! Lol!

I was glad to see your name pop up here when I came back, pal! Feels like we tried to fight a war and lost, huh?

I looked for you, Devon, but didn't see you at all the few weeks I was posting over "there", you were the one that told me about that place! (Long time ago---different name) so I figured you were exasperated and gave up too! <grin>

I may pop in from time to time, but I much prefer it HERE, haha!

Hugs,

Annie

aka/ CanWeTalk

• obiwan
    obiwan

Easy friend, take a valume and call us in the morning, it won't be any better, but it will be a new day.

• 95stormfront
    95stormfront

Which site is that.....because if it's belief.net JW Challenge and Critique, that place is full of the most brain-dead, follow the crooked leader, Wt apologetic dubs I've ever came across. I think I've seen your moniker there. I usually post there as Yeah-right.

What I particularly find interesting is the way a certain poster there who posts as oldgrm, who delights in dodging and clouding issues with their incessant "cut and paste"from the WT articles postings.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    Feels like we tried to fight a war and lost, huh?

Naw, I never admit defeat. Somebody's out there listening, even if we don't know it. If nothing else, getting them to actually admit things (like that it was the mom's fault for going to the elders) may make interested people steer clear, and JWs who can still see how awful what some say is, admit it at least to themselves.

Part of my frustration is not being able to cut loose and tell them in clear enough language exactly how vile I think they are. In person.

Yeah, it's beliefnet.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

Hi there, 95! I LOVE your posts on B-net! Now I wonder how many from here ARE posting there! <giggle>

Hugs,

Annie

• Nordic
    Nordic

asleif_dufansdottir. What is the name of the JW site?.

Nordic

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit