What JW habits do you still have?

by Exelder 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cha ching
    cha ching

The ONE thing that dies hard in me???? HIGHLIGHTING!!!!! I can't stop, haha!

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I only use one towel when I am in the restroom in a public place.

Rub a Dub

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe
    What JW habits do you still have?

I zone out in meetings at work. Can't focus on anyone who's boring. It's like throwing a switch, as soon as I'm bored I'm away with the fairies. Anyway I miss so much stupid shit in staff meetings. (Swearing? No problem)

• Amelia Ashton
    Amelia Ashton

I know I still struggle with black or white and all or nothing kind of thinking but everything else is done and dusted with now.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I’m still terrible at making friends with “worldly” people. If I go out, I find that I can’t make small talk. It’s just because I’m so weird. I’ve never had any goals or hopes or dreams that I ever pursued, so when someone asks about my life....

I’m still a bit prone to being unsympathetic which is a product of believing that most people are wicked. Why care if they are gonna die? I’m getting better.

Im not sure if it’s a habit, but more a mindset that Sunday is depressing for me. It was always that way because of being dragged to town to go to the meeting. Next thing you know, its 2:00 pm and school is the next day. As a kid that was valuable play time that was ripped from your grasp, never to be regained.

My GF was raised Pentecostal so she understands. She still worries about going to Hell and can’t watch scary movies.

DD

• ttdtt
    ttdtt
    I’m still terrible at making friends with “worldly” people

Me too. That really really sucks.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd

It's a theory I have that people who leave the religion in their latter years do better than those who l leave in their younger years. Due to life experience and their reasons for leaving. Speaking for myself, I still have much the same life style, (in fact it's probably better due to having time to exercise), because the reason I left was not because of life style choices ( which is probably the main reason for younger leavers), I left purely because of a lack of confidence in the people who run it. After 40 years of having it beat into my head about promiscuous sex, drugs, alcohol, nicotine, gambling, I still abstain from these activities. Although I do take a less black and white view, as at the end of the day we will all give an account for our lives before God (weather we are JW or not) on judgment day. I leave it up to him. For avoiding these vices it's something positive that come out of the JW religion - and that is coming from a rabid apostate.

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Reading all your comments gave me a good giggle.

It also made me ask myself why im being a bitch about paranormal stuff coukd it be jehobahs last tie to me?!

Tonigjt whilst doing paper work im watching paranormal activity. Like a big boy apostate

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350

Exelder, those are not JW habits. Those are things that good well balanced and adjusted people do. I don't swear, say God or Jesus, or watch horror films, etc. While God seems irrelevant, evolution is a fairytale.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

You can take the boy out of the Watchtower, but it's a lot harder to take the Watchtower out of the boy.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit