What JW habits do you still have?

by Exelder 54 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Exelder
    Exelder

Since leaving the JW's after over 4 decades, I can see exactly what it is and hate everything it stands for.

However, there are STILL some JW habits and traits that I can't get rid of:

1. I can't swear in general conversation (I'd have to be really angry).

2. I would never say "God" or "Jesus Christ" as a swear word or expression of exasperation.

3. I have never had and never will have black pudding or hung game (I never thought I would ever have a blood transfusion if needed....but think that I probably would now).

4. I'd never watch a supernatural horror film (Exorcist, \Paranormal Activity etc)

5. I would never dabble in tarot cards, seances or anything to do with supernatural.

6. I still subconsciously dismiss things about evolution, cavemen or the big bang theory, despite me being 99% sure God doesn't exist.

7. I can't hear religeous people on the radio or TV without thinking "that is not what the bible says" or "what a load of rubbish" and subconsciously tear their argument apart.

Am I alone or does anybody else carry some of these or similar habits with them too?

• tiki
    tiki

I can swear..oh boy....can I ever swear.......wouldn't eat blood stuff under any circumstances....hate horror movies and violence...supernatural doesn't interest me ....I believe creation by God was an evolutionary process.....I abhor organized religion on any level...and jw is most assuredly an organized religion. What I carry for baggage is a lack of aggression, self advocacy.....

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

I still have a fear of the paranormal. I wouldnt dream of even looking at a ouija board.

The rest is long gone. The difference here is i was a born in gone before i was 18 and thrown in the deep end of "the world" i imagine 40 years in is alot harder to adjust.

Dont worry about black pudding it tastes like arse.

• Exelder
    Exelder

LIki

"I abhor organized religion on any level...and jw is most assuredly an organized religion.:

I am the same. I keep saying that all religion should be banned ....THEN I think that the JW's would LOVE that and we'd be playing right into their hands ha ha

Scruffmcbuff

"Dont worry about black pudding it tastes like arse."

ha ha That made me laugh. Glad I am not missing much lol

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Funny when you said black pudding I was thinking chocolate pudding. Lol we had alot of that at the convention.

Don't like any supernatural stuff where ever we go we are first to get there. I turn atheists but still am part of a UU congregation but most here in this congregation are atheists. The only thing I will tell other people about religion is it's a snare and a racket. Still Totally ADD

• Exelder
    Exelder

Still Totally ADD

"where ever we go we are first to get there"

Oh I can relate to that.

We always used to arrive at the meetings at least 30 minutes before it started and because I used to volunteer at the conventions, we had to be there for 7:00am!!! (I still feel sorry for my wife and family who had to sit IN THE CAR while I was working until the doors officially opened at 8:00am while the heirachy used to let their wives and family come in early and sit in the comfy area in the convention suites. It used to make all the other volunteers so angry!!!!!)

PS. What does ADD mean? I am still trying to come to terms with the abbeviations.

• snugglebunny
  • Betheliesalot
    Betheliesalot

I still pick on the catholics for their hiding child sex abuse in PA. But Most of the news is doing so also.

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

Exelder,

ADD stands for Attention Deficit Disorder. It is closely associated with ADHD or Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder. For a more information please go to this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attention_deficit_hyperactivity_disorder.

Reopened Mind, aka wife of Still Totally ADD

• EverApostate
    EverApostate

I pretty much trained myself to do anti-JW things after I left. I do everything thats in your list. Never got a blood transfusion, as it was never needed so far.

I think the reason for me getting over this is, I educated myself more about Evolution, religions and God and came to an absolute certainty that all religions are frauds and Evolution is fact.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit