Since leaving the JW's after over 4 decades, I can see exactly what it is and hate everything it stands for.
However, there are STILL some JW habits and traits that I can't get rid of:
1. I can't swear in general conversation (I'd have to be really angry).
2. I would never say "God" or "Jesus Christ" as a swear word or expression of exasperation.
3. I have never had and never will have black pudding or hung game (I never thought I would ever have a blood transfusion if needed....but think that I probably would now).
4. I'd never watch a supernatural horror film (Exorcist, \Paranormal Activity etc)
5. I would never dabble in tarot cards, seances or anything to do with supernatural.
6. I still subconsciously dismiss things about evolution, cavemen or the big bang theory, despite me being 99% sure God doesn't exist.
7. I can't hear religeous people on the radio or TV without thinking "that is not what the bible says" or "what a load of rubbish" and subconsciously tear their argument apart.
Am I alone or does anybody else carry some of these or similar habits with them too?