There are people at the end of threads

by Brummie 42 Replies latest jw friends

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Mini-

I am a glutton for pain. .

• Simon
    Simon
    Why can some get away with anything and everything?

They can't. They may appear to for a brief time but things catch up with people and patience wears thin.

It's one of the things people don't (or won't) understand:

Poster A can say something and not get deleted for it. Poster B coudl say the same thing and be deleted because it is part of an ongoing pattern of posts / insults.

I get tired of it. You get tired of it. In the end, people like that get deleted if they are unwilling to change and behave and abibe by the rules that everyone else does. What is sad is when other people start joining in and retaliating as it then sometimes makes it difficult to single them out and take action.

• minimus
    minimus

Simon, that's the way it's supposed to be but it's not always practiced. You sound like an elder now.

• Valis
    Valis

Stinky..I gave you said courtesy... And as sarcastic as I am, I didn't even take your reply to me that way...what is this world coming to?*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Valis-

I wasn't talking about you silly! I like you lots.

• Angharad
    Angharad

Here we go the old your an elder line. For things to be 100% fair and consistant, the same person would have to trace back who said what to who and when on every post and thread not just on this forum but on any others that people currently post or have ever posted to. As grudges and disagreements seem to go back months even years.

The best we can do is say that if someone posts something now it will be dealt with, but please remember that for example Simon may notice something on one thread, I may see something by the same poster on another thread and both will be dealt with, but may be dealt with differently than if we had seen both/all the posts and the patterns of posting that person is developing. That was the point Simon was making it does take time for things like this to work out.

• Prisca
    Prisca
    I get tired of it. You get tired of it. In the end, people like that get deleted if they are unwilling to change and behave and abibe by the rules that everyone else does. What is sad is when other people start joining in and retaliating as it then sometimes makes it difficult to single them out and take action.

And sometimes people join in and retaliate because they are sick and tired of certain posters constantly being insulting to them, yet nothing ever gets done about it. Certain posters (one in particular that I'm thinking of) seem to get their jollies calling people "idiots" and "dipf***s", being overly aggressive towards those who simply have a different opinion, yet they are tolerated.

Then we have the situation of Moe and Scully, where things get taken out of proportion.

People do get frustrated with the inconsistancies that occur. I know everyone is only human, but that's why posters get frustrated with the actions/inactions on this board sometimes.

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Ditto Prisca. She knows my exact problem. I have considered calling someone a moron or idiot in every post, just to see how long I can get away with it.

Testing: Ummm, hey Valis, you are a f*cking moron, and I hate you!

• pettygrudger
    pettygrudger

Brummie - always a kind wise word from you!!!! It is easy to forget - and although Moe is a veteran to these boards, and therefore a little more "thick skinned", it still can be difficult when you get jumped on for apparently no reason. I know its happened to me, and I'm sure to many here - and it does hurt - "cyberspace" or not - it's still "real" to an extent - and that's what people forget. I have actually left these boards in tears on a couple of occassions, vowing never to return.......but what most angers me everytime is watching someone I like & respect get torn up for no seemingly good reason - then my blood boils.

Its funny, every "flame war" I've either witnessed or sadly been a part of reminds me of the "high school" that most of us were not allowed to truly be a part of.....perhaps that's a piece of it - an emotional stage of development that we were denied (but I'm NOT a professional - so don't take my word as actually meaning anything!)

• Valis
    Valis

*LOL* Stinky...do you want to know how many times I've heard that? *LOL* You will have to try harder...perhaps if you want to get in a flame war we could discuss...:Bromiliad, The Inside Plant or Alien Spy?....I eagerly await your response....I am currently very close to a friggin huge Bomiliad and I ascared of the SOB...*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit