The dumbest thing I did as a witness

by Vivamus 53 Replies latest jw friends

• greven
    greven

You could start a friggin' harem!

Greven

• version 2.0
    version 2.0

holy christ! when did prince become a jw??????? what bridge have i been living under? (not the graffiti bridge).

there was a rumor going around my part of michigan in the early 80's that prince was "demonized" because of the lyric in 1999, like he was informed by beelzebub of the date of armageddon. flawed reasoning in several ways, each scarier than the former. so i had to be a closeted fan.

i started collecting "inappropriate" music starting in 1991 and threw it all out in '97 when i was making my failed comeback. (hey, just like prince!) the upside is that after i scrapped that idea, i bought everything again, this time on cd!

dan of the "high on crack, totin' a machiiiiine gun" class

• Hungout
    Hungout

Oh you gonna take me home tonight (please)
    Oh down beside your red firelight
    Oh you gonna let it all hang out
    Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round
    Fat bottomed girls you make the rockin' world go round
    Get on your bikes and ride

one of the many awsome queen songs :)

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002

Greven-

Someone like StarCraft??

Apparently you thought the Zerg Overmind would make a good picture profile icon.

Cool.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

The dumbest thing I did as a Witness...can I check the All box?

• Austrian
    Austrian

I remember the DC when they were trying to say that if you spin Queens " Another bites the dust" backwards it says "decide to smoke marijuana". And they actually played the song backwards and forwards. Of coarse it didn't sound like anything. But it gave my cousin and I a good laugh.

My dumbest thing I ever did was shunning my cousin cause he was DF.

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir
    The hidden stash consisted mostly of hardrock metal and punk and some hardcore, but were mostly in the stash because of the covers...my parents didn't check my CD's by listening to them, just looked at the cases. ohh, how I switched cd's from cover to cover heheheh

Wow. When I was hiding stuff from my parents, CDs hadn't been invented yet. CDs weren't even around the first time I was in college. When I was a kid I was hiding 45s and LPs...among my Bee Gees, Barry Manilow and John Denver records...

I'm having a hard time with the fact that an adult hid CDs from their parents...I guess I am really that old. We need a smiley icon with gray hair and a cane.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I like setting my JW honey up to do dumb things. Like at a Baseball game, "Quick, honey, run for the bathroom! The national anthem is about to play!"

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

I actually heard Prince in an interview during this JW fit he had. He said he was going to record all his songs with no profanity. I was like WTF and how would you sing some of those songs. Darling Nicky comes to mind, I mean what would she be doing with that magazine???

I threw out tons of my mysteries and horror books dang it. For some reason I never threw my albums out<hmmmm> wonder why.

Thunder had a sister tell him his comic book collection was evil so he burned them all. We have been re-collecting them since 1984.

• caligirl
    caligirl

My personal favorite ( and according to my husband a perfect personal anthem for me - particularly the I want it now portion because I can be so impatient!)

I Want It All

Adventure seeker on an empty street,
    Just an alley creeper, light on his feet
    A young fighter screaming, with no time for doubt
    With the pain and anger can`t see a way out,
    It ain`t much I`m asking, I heard him say,
    Gotta find me a future move out of my way,
    I want it all, I want it all, I want it all, and I want it now,

Listen all you people, come gather round
    I gotta get me a game plan, gotta shake you to the ground
    Just give me what I know is mine,
    People do you hear me, just give me the sign,
    It ain`t much I`m asking, if you want the truth
    Here`s to the future for the dreams of youth,

I`m a man with a one track mind,
    So much to do in one life time (people do you hear me)
    Not a man for compromise and where`s and why`s and living lies
    So I`m living it all, yes I`m living it all,
    And I`m giving it all, and I`m giving it all,
    It ain`t much I`m asking, if you want the truth,
    Here`s to the future, hear the cry of youth,
    etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit