Have You Spoken To Anyone Here From This Forum ?

by RAYZORBLADE 32 Replies latest jw friends

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Obviously the answer for many of you is, an overwhelming YES.

The reason I am posting this is, for some or perhaps many, they only post or IM(instant message/e-mail) other members, but have not spoken to them via the phone.

I'm aware that for some, calling long distance is a financial concern, thus the e-mail thing/IM works fine and serves its purpose.

IF...you are considering it: I highly recommend it.

Personally, I have had the good fortune to speak to several members from this forum, and I can tell you: it made my day!

This forum is like an extended family, and of course, given our commonality of having been former Jehovah's Witnesses, we certainly can relate to each other, no problem.

I've just started calling members from this forum since about the beginning of March (2003). Gradually calling others, and I can tell you: It's GREAT!

To those that I haven't called yet: I'll be talking to you soon.

Anyone else here care to share, anyone considering making that first call?

Just curious

To those whom have spoken to me via the telephone: THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.

• Prisca
    Prisca

I've personally met about a dozen from this board, all Aussies (naturally).

I've also spoken to 3 others on the phone (2 were from the USA).

It is amazing when you talk on the phone to someone who posts here - you have an instant connection, and you feel like old friends, even though you've never met!

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mrs Ozzie and I have spoken to many posters here from good old Austrarlia. We've also had the great pleasure of speaking to some from what we view as overseas, even if not face to face. But who knows, maybe sometime soon we can rectify that.

Cheers, Ozzie

• mattnoel
    mattnoel

I know obviously Chevy and Ignored but have met Mrs Nightwarrior and her Daughter and they were GREAT ! Have also chatted to you Ray a friend in the making, I will call you soon ! Also Stinkypants - she is way cool and Bittersweet sent me coffee and chocs - what a luv !!!!

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I had been faded for over twenty years when I ran into this forum, and discovered apostofests. During that 20 years I was fat dumb and happy thinking everything was under control. Soon learned that interaction with folks who shared a common background was very helpful, as we all have the same stories/experiences. I've now made friends I thought I would never have as I haven't subscribed to any other religion, and am not involved in any service clubs or really have any fellowship with any organization. Bug

• shamus
    shamus

Not yet -

I am still pretty new here, and it will probably happen one day. Living in Canada, we can be quite far apart sometimes, and is hard to meet even in RL.

• Englishman
    Englishman

I've met around 40 people from this forum and hope to meet some more at the Manchester apostafest next Sunday.

People that I have spoken to but whom I have yet to meet include Waiting, T41, Freepeace, S4Kids, Farkel, Ozzie, Dan the Man, Cassilines and hubby, BigRed, Mulan, Dansk, Norm, Kent, some more but my memory is fading 'cos i'm so old.....

Englishman.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Honestly I never thought of that Ray before you asked to call. I was so honored and thrilled. I guess I always felt so unwanted as a dub, I just never thought ...I have talked to Dottie forever on PM and NEVER entered my mind to callStupid aren't I. I loved hearing Ray's voice and Canadian accent. So heck you all send me any #'s I would love to call or PM me for ours.

• Valis
    Valis

Little Toe
    megadude
    cruzanheart
    Big Tex
    xenawarrior
    eyegirl
    elsewhere
    Xena
    Beans
    Lyineyes
    WildTurkey
    sixofnine
    Jesika
    puertogerm
    moreisbetter
    nativenyr23
    outnfree
    Fire Dragon
    Robdar
    Heaven
    The Star
    DFWnonJW
    Navigator
    Roo
    not interested
    pr_capone
    Beelzedub
    slinslidemaster
    joannadandy
    Country Girl
    rat
    TruckerGB
    jws
    shutterbug
    Buzzard
    Jade
    willowstreet
    SLOAN
    Jim_Tx
    animal
    scootergirl
    SpiceiIUp
    email
    staceman
    rekless
    desertflower
    peaceloveharmony
    salud
    seguro
    gambler
    Billygoat
    Mozzer4life
    tyydyy
    hemplover
    Almost There
    joeshmoe
    cowboy
    Venice
    flyinhigh
    lauralisa
    gopher
    Sam Beli
    c5
    heathen
    COMF
    thirdson
    joy2befree
    jst2laws
    dustbunnie
    hannibal
    oldfilthybiker
    Farkel

Sorry to any I have missed...

This list pales in comparison to joy2bfree's list and I'm sure she will soon post her's just to spite me...but this is the list of people I have met or talked to on the telephone Each one of these folks has been a pleasure to meet and know, with few exceptions.

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• shera
    shera

Wow Valis,aren't you a popular guy?

For myself,I haven't spoken to anyone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit