Lloyd Evans removing comments he does not like, just like the cult

by mickbobcat 37 Replies latest social current

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

I see posts that Evans does not seem to like being removed. I guess he is not a lot different than the control cult he left. His rebuttal to the zoom assembly he said that Dawkins made some silly comments about gender. What Dawkins said is you can Identify as anything you wish but by biology standards and facts you are what you are born. It seems Evans wants to virtue signal to the masses and be in the clique instead of really talking about an issue. He has done the same thing on other subjects. If he can not be in charge of the message its gone. What a douche nozzle. Now I am getting why he left here. He thought he was the big fish in the pond and when it was not so he leaves. He whines that JWs do not think for them self and they don't for the most part but when someone does not agree with him he acts just like Tony Tight pants.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

I agree, and said it before, he does control/filters the comments under his videos. He probably deletes more comments than he should and this is why he left this forum as he was not in control of the feeds.

While this indeed warrants criticism, I think comparing him to the Governing Body is too much.

1) He doesn't claim to be inspired or spirit directed. He corrects himself and admits his mistakes from time to time.

2) isn't head of some type of sect or religion where he's trying to control people. He's said often that people are in a better place when they leave the JWs and don't need to watch his videos.

3) Doesn't shy from working publicly with people who don't believe the same thing he does. - He often works with believers while he's openly atheist.

4) Doesn't try to break families apart based on what they believe.

5) Doesn't try to rationalize and or excuse pedophiles.

All this to say: Yes, he is a bit of a controller, doesn't always deliver on his promises, gets annoying with "his patrons", talks way longer than he should on many of his videos, and sometimes finds criticism where none is really warranted. Sure. But to go as far as to compare him to cult leaders who destroy people's lifes on a daily basis? Come on now...

• johnamos
    johnamos
    i see posts that evans does not seem to like being removed.

I was on his site years ago and he had an article that was condemning the WTS about asking for money and as I was reading it I noticed to the right of what I was reading was a donate button on Lloyd’s page and I jokingly posted a reply pointing that out and he removed my comment and blocked me from posting.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

He is fast becoming a douche nozzle.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

mickbobcat:

It seems Evans wants to virtue signal to the masses and be in the clique instead of really talking about an issue.

From the context of his actual statement, it seems as though he didn't want to go off on some ad hominem tangent about issues that are not related to Dawkin's expertise as a biologist.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Then why even bring it up in the first place if not trying to virtue signal.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Likely anticipating irrelevant tangents in the comments, and probably therefore as a precursor for deleting any such comments. I would have simply not mentioned it myself. And also deleted any irrelevant comments.

• mickbobcat
    mickbobcat

Bull crap. He was using Dawkins to bolster his point and brings up out of a clear blue sky that he made silly comments about trannys. He was purely virtue signaling about a thing he is totally wrong on and Dawkins was totally right on. He follows what ever way the popular winds are blowing.

• Pete Zahut
    Pete Zahut
    I see posts that Evans does not seem to like being removed. I guess he is not a lot different than the control cult he left.

When it comes to his broadcasts etc, it's his perogative to administer them as he sees fit. Unlike the JW's, he does not punish, shun or ruin lives or condemn to death anyone who does not agree with him.

He whines that JWs do not think for them self and they don't for the most part but when someone does not agree with him he acts just like Tony Tight pants.

Unlike Tony, he does not claim to be one of God's anointed spokesman. He does not claim that his broadcasts are being directed by the "creator of the universe". He is simply a former JW who based on his life's experience, has certain opinions and chooses to air them publicly in his own way, to those who choose to listen to him. He does not go out banging on people's doors demanding that they heed his message. Anyone who chooses to listen to him has not been told that they are evil and that God will kill them if they don't do as he says. They are free to "think for themselves" and tune him out and go on about their lives... no harm, no foul.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    He follows what ever way the popular winds are blowing.
    Maybe, but if so, why do you care? You can have an opinion but he can’t?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit