Jehovah protects his people. Did he ever protect you?

by TimeBandit 48 Replies latest jw friends

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I know a baptized JW young person that has complex regional pain syndrome. It's one of the most painful conditions known to mankind. Normal people want to kill them selves when the pain gets to about the lower 30's of the new pain scale that goes up to 50 . These people feel pain as high has 48-50 . These people can loose all thier senses , black out , have sensory overload etc. Think or yourselves being dipped in to acid and that's just one example of the pain they experience. Truly like living in hell, yet where again is jehovah in all this. Gods a prick!

• never a jw
    never a jw

"...ours is a spiritual protection. We are talking about physical protection. That's up to the secular authorities [and engineers] to provide" Richard Ashe, senior official of the Watchtower

• never a jw
    never a jw

My mom, 72 y.o. and a devout Catholic, acquires a very aggressive form of bone cancer (multiple myeloma). She has an early detection and no expense is spared in getting the best treatment and doctors. 15 years later she is still alive and cancer free.

My brother's mother in law, younger than my mom and a devout JW, raised in the truth, has her breast cancer detected and dies few months later.

What??!!, in spite of all the prayers to Jehovah, the JW dies and the member of the false religion lives.

I don't get it.

• TimeBandit
    TimeBandit

I once knew a sister named Patricia Zoll. She was mentally ill, and had a controlling and very abusive non-JW husband. My wife and I were very understanding of her situation and tried to help her any way we could. My wife, an E.R. nurse, had even treated her in the E.R. because of being beaten with an axe handle by her husband (a real piece if shit).

It's one case in which the elders actually helped her get away from him. She went to stay with a relative. But being a co-dependent, mentally ill person she came back to her husband. After she came back, the elders and congregation totally abandoned her.

I was horrified the day a friend called to tell me she had committed suicide. Before she killed herself, I saw her one day. She was walking up the road out of town headed for the dam. I offered her a ride, but she said she was just out walking for exercise. Turns out, she was really headed there in contemplation of killing herself. Building up the stamina to walk the several miles to the dam.

They found poor Patricia in the water at the bottom of the spillway. She had continually bashed into the concrete all the way down. But the fall isn't what killed her. They found a lot of water in her lungs meaning that she actually drowned.

Her god didn't save her. Her brothers and sisters didn't save her. But I know I tried to help her. It seems that if Jehovah knows when a small bird dies, and how many hairs we have on our heads, that he would have been there for someone like her who was in so much pain and anguish that she was about kill herself. I am glad her suffering is over.

God plays hide and seek you see. He hides, and people do the seeking.

TB-

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Joke-hova only protects itself. It will cause a storm that would have cancelled the boasting session to veer slightly off course or turn into all rain, but will not protect you from getting stuck in a snowbank or sliding off the road into a tree because you were stupid enough to go. It will also insist you do field circus when you are tired, it is still dark, and it is starting to rain. You have that great big Blunt umbrella (named because the ribs are blunt, so you don't poke out someone's eye when you open it), but the hounders insist that you shouldn't have a nice yellow umbrella. A car comes, you have that drab gray umbrella instead, the driver can't see you because of the rain, you get hit.

And what about those that are stupid enough to go on those hyper-stupid missions? Last year, so many idiots went to Israel on a mission. You go to Mea Shearim, where all the ultra-orthodox rabbis live. Is joke-hova going to stop them from persecuting you? Or, taking something and using black magic on the whole human race through that whatever you placed? How many of them place themselves in harm's way and then claim joke-hova protected them from even worse problems, when not going in the first place would have protected you from getting any problems at all?

• blondie
    blondie

Why some protected and not others?

First, this event in the news.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lillelid_murders

Or the 3 generational family on the way home from a circuit assembly: car accident (not their fault) grampa, daughter, baby killed, gramma, son in law survived. Were some more holy than others?

Or the jw family on the way home from the Sunday meeting who were all killed instantly by a drunk driver.

https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=murdered+jehovah%27s+witnesses

• Rattigan350
    Rattigan350
    Nope, my hard drive crashed. I have not won lottery.
  • Darkknight757
    Darkknight757

I used to think God was protecting and helping me.

For example: I had to quit smoking before becoming a witless and I did. I claimed it was because of constant prayer and reliance on Jokeovah. It had nothing at all to do with the fact that I refused to buy a pack of smokes and that I avoided all contact with people who smoked for a month. 😳

There was a day in serve us that I was surrounded by 3 wild dogs. The gumps in the car just watched as I was about to become dinner. I slowly backed away and the dogs left me alone. I claimed it was god. Now I see it as coincidence.

Last year with all the bull the wife and I went through I finally realized God could give a rats ass about his people no matter how hard you work.

I personally think some people are just more lucky than others. Nothing more to read into there. Some people just get a higher dice roll than others in a given situation.

• Wayward
    Wayward

Big fat nope. Everything good I have in my life is because I worked for it. Everything bad is just a case of crap happens and sometimes it's going to happen to me. Doesn't mean I like it, but that's life.

• Ucantnome
    Ucantnome

i always thought that He helped with what you could bear and remain faithful. I think maybe he did

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit