Pseudo history in Watchtower today 😂

by Gorbatchov 70 Replies latest jw friends

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Gorby went to the KH for family reasons today.

And landed right away middle in a pseudo history Watchtower article. Just that aspect of the JW belief he is so sensative about.

So 1918 and 1919 are changed with one mark of a pencil. The argument of change was in the past the argument of the doctrine. Just a flip flop. Just like the generation changes.

And then the part that JW's like the most: bashing the Catholic church. This time they made clear that the Romans didn't take the Christian believe over, it was opposite: the Christians took over the Roman culture that resulted into the Catholic church. So JW logic. No compromise, all black and white. And so academic wrong. And for the true religion God choose CTR instead of the freedom loving people in Antwerp and Amsterdam, was the comment of our local member of the 144000.

So I had to laugh nearly loud when they anounced the theme of next weeks gathering: "do you believe in God or science?". I looked into the KH and I knew the answer all ready.

G.

• DesirousOfChange
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot
    "Do you believe in God or science?"

Seriously?

That's the actual title???

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

So I had to laugh nearly loud when they anounced the theme of next weeks gathering: "do you believe in God or science?". I looked into the KH and I knew the answer all ready.

Great ending.

• tepidpoultry
  • NikL
    NikL

@Desirous...your use of the Hitler quote made me think of something I read on Wikipedia.

A report prepared during the war by the United States Office of Strategic Services describing Hitler's psychological profile said ...

His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it

Sounds like another group of leaders in rural New York state.

• Bugbear
    Bugbear

NikL

His primary rules were: never allow the public to cool off; never admit a fault or wrong; never concede that there may be some good in your enemy; never leave room for alternatives; never accept blame; concentrate on one enemy at a time and blame him for everything that goes wrong; people will believe a big lie sooner than a little one; and if you repeat it frequently enough people will sooner or later believe it

Sounds like a perfect description of D Trump

• skin
    skin

In that Wt study today, WT blamed this journal for getting it wrong in the past. Blame the journal because it couldn't possibly be any other reasons!

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

Most bizar: the former explanation stated that during WW1 the Bible Students lost Gods blessing because of not being neutral etc bla di bla.

Now they stated the explanation is wrong.

So my question is: will these Bible students get an excuse being blamed for the reason Gods organization lost its blessing 😎

Should be a normal follow up isn't it?

G.

• skin
    skin

Its a case of having to rewrite their own history to make this current teaching match. Before now they blamed church leaders, now its the State. How could they (the journal) possibly get this historic event so wrong for the last 100 years?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit