Beards

by HowTheBibleWasCreated 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ Stephane...

Pshh.

Like the Org would give a shit about a petition.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

I'm still being chased by the school overseer for bible readings so no problem after last weeks wt. ( I only attend maybe 1/3 meetings. Reported no time last month by putting 0 on the time report. Another guy with a recent beard gave a reading last week.

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I'm shocked you still go and didn't you once say that the elders knew you were an agnostic? How's that going for you???

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

So, more update from Quebec: Beards are NOT Accepted. In the comments at the KH, it came out that it is alright in France, but not in Quebec. That a brother wearing a beard still would not get privileges.

Two things: I think plenty of people around are mad at the elders because they are taking that decision which the WT has left in their hands. 2) The prime minister of Quebec has a beard! So, why the heck would it be seen as unclean, rebellious, criminal?

Anyways.. I gotta go to work. Later!

• freddo
    freddo

@SL

Here (UK) it is the elders decision for each cong. - but of course the "Alpha's" and "Brownnosers" want to be seen to be "progressing" to be the circuit overseer's henchmen at the assembly halls and be seen on the assembly platform so they look up the line to the CO and dance to his merry tune.

His pressure comes from the Branch (where no beards are allowed) and so they, with an eye on the GB looking over their shoulder will decide and tell the CO's what "the policy is".

Here in middle England each cong BoE makes up it's own mind and about 50% allow beards on appointed men on all duties including public talks. I hear that this recent WT has made some BoE swing more to leniency so on this matter an improvement may start to be seen.

Strangely though, on circuit and district (regional) assembly volunteering (attendants etc) and KH construction beards have not been a problem - at least round here.

• HowTheBibleWasCreated
    HowTheBibleWasCreated

Crazyguy: I go for the sake of my wife. The elders are still trying to find 'answers to my questions'.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

no beard these days Does that mean I am now more spiritual or is my spirituality negated by the hair I now find growing from out of my nose

• Alostpuppydog
    Alostpuppydog

Jesus had a beard. So yup. 😇

• Iamallcool
    Iamallcool

When I lived in Texas, one elder in my congregation did have a beard. He can't shave due to his medical condition.

• schnell
    schnell

This might be the single stupidest issue in the world.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit