Has there ever been a time when someone has been outed as a JW mole on this forum?

by Tenacious 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Sorry
    Sorry

I always have a fear of a mole from my congregation monitoring this site, which is why when I make any posts pertaining to my personal life, I intentionally scramble a couple of details to throw them off.

• schnell
    schnell

We're rooting for you, Sorry. Hopefully you can get to college, a good job, something to build your own life.

I know for a fact that I could be identified if someone were sleuthy enough. I don't actually care, and only chose the handle of "schnell" to honor William J. Schnell after being moved by his book. If someone were to analyze my writing style and a few personal clues I leave here and there, I would use that as an opportunity to explain textual analysis in Bible criticism.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer
    I always have a fear of a mole from my congregation monitoring this site, which is why when I make any posts pertaining to my personal life, I intentionally scramble a couple of details to throw them off.

I think many here have done the same. With the vast majority of my posts, I've written them with the thought of "If I got called into a meeting with the elders and all my comments here were sitting printed out in a pile, would it be enough for them to DF me?"

• Simon
    Simon

Although we all like to think we're super unique, many times we have common experiences and situations that we've gone through. We think that these identify us but unless you add vital information (names, dates, places) very often they do not.

Just think though, there are probably many JW backstabbers who *think* they have found someone from their congregation based on your fictitious accounts and as a result report them to the elders. LOL

• schnell
    schnell
    Just think though, there are probably many JW backstabbers who *think* they have found someone from their congregation based on your fictitious accounts and as a result report them to the elders. LOL

That's some good Christian lovin' right there.

• smiddy
    smiddy

People from all around the world post here ,all with similar experiences and unless you use specific details their is no way in hell they can identify you.

Paranoia is a by product of being a Jehovahs Witness for many years .

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Over recent years I've posted my real name, age, home town and photos. My avatar is an actual photo of me! No elders have come a knockin' yet.

Now, I'm not saying new posters shouldn't be careful as it's that specific group which is probably still on the congregations radar but don't live in paranoia or fear. Trust your instincts.

Nic'

Real name - Michael.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

I had been reading this site for about a year before joining. Then I judged posted bit's now and then. I finally posted my awaking story. I thought I had changed enough information around to keep from getting ID'ed! We a few weeks went by, and I received a pm, from another exjw, saying I think I my know who you are! For three weeks, I lived in fear, being I am still pretending to be in. My mind was running wild, trying to figure out who it could be. Then I got a call over Skype. It turned out to be someone living about 50 miles away, and totally out. Turned out that my wife's oldest girl, and told his girl's all about my story, and he put 2 and 2 together! I have visited him and the family a few times, it great to have someone near by!

I went back and edited my story even more!

Dwain!

• never a jw
    never a jw

I know for a fact that I could be identified if someone were sleuthy enough.

Damn right. My patience finally has paid off after four long years. A JC coming to a KH near you.

Felipe

• stillin
    stillin

Lots of people like me served as a missionary in Brazil, have a wife named Suzikins, a COBE named Brother Biggs and are spending their retirement with one leg amputated and making craft items to subsidize their income, while living in Atlanta suburb. Nobody in my congregation would ever look at this site and put that all together.

If they did, I'd deny it was me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit