Has there ever been a time when someone has been outed as a JW mole on this forum?

by Tenacious 21 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Tenacious
    Tenacious

Having been a JW for decades I'm used to watching what I do, say, or watch, in fear of being snitched on.

Therefore, I the question begs.

There have been instances, I won't say how, where I've felt some members are being deliberate in their attempt to feign support for the anti-JW rhetoric on this forum.

Any input is greatly appreciated.

• the girl next door
    the girl next door
    A better question would be, how many JW moles that have come across this place are still JWs?
  • closed
    closed

I haven't been here long. But I know that on Polish forum was a Gilead graduate and another high rank bethelite actually blackmailing some users user wts facts would know more.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I have been a member here for nearly 9 years now, and I remember a few who joined with the aim of putting us right. A good number of those I feel soon ceased to believe in the JW religion, a number said that is what happened.

I don't remember any admitting to having been sent here, and then being turned.This may have happened though, as I have no doubt that JW org monitors this and similar Sites. I wonder how many "moles" they have lost ?

And I also wonder how twisted the heart and morals of a Mole who knows it is not the "truth"and yet remains loyal,what a Turd !

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

Good question Tenacious!

As a J.W. once said, "Whatever happens in the world, happens in the org."

"Wordly" attitudes are prevalent and self-evident throughout the "true religion" - especially amongst those in authority.

Their "theocratic warfare" deludes them into believing that lying is justifiable in certain cases - such as outing an "apostate"?

If fading, divulge nothing incriminating in person or online.

• Thisismein1972
    Thisismein1972

I have no idea if you could classify this person as a mole. But takeofthecrown could have been one.

• stillin
    stillin
    I think takeoffthecrown was just an "I told THEM a thing or two" kind of guy.
  • stan livedeath
    stan livedeath

TOTC was just counting his time--and back calls.

• Giordano
    Giordano

If your situation is untenable then you need to be cautious with personal information. It's not so difficult to change geography, your age, married status, race......... even your sex if you want to screen who you are.

Newbies that join us are surprisingly honest and forthright. I think the honesty is what has been missing in their lives when a person realizes or begins to understand TTATT. However depending on your family and work situation it is wise to be careful to not reveal more then you need to.

As far as being 'baited' by a believing active JW that is always a possibility but to what end? There has never been a pro JW theology or pro Society/corporation position that holds any semblance of honesty or truth.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

There have been instances, I won't say how, where I've felt some members are being deliberate in their attempt to feign support for the anti-JW rhetoric on this forum.

Not sure what you're asking. This is a forum for ex-JWs and for current JWs who may be questioning their faith. Of course, a number of current JWs lurk around for a number of reasons, and there are some idiot JWs who may be spying to try to snitch. If have been here for some time

My questions to you are:

1. Why are you still a JW?
    2. Why do you feel it's ok to have to hide for decades, for something as simple as joining a discussion forum and only who knows what else?
    3. Why if you have been in this forum for some time now you call our histories, experiences and most importantly FACTS, "rhetoric"?

I know that JWs have this black and white mentality, and sadly all they see and perceive is through their own lenses. Therefore, to me it makes sense that as a JW you may see anything that people post as propaganda, or some kind of persuasive talk to entice people. That's JW nonsense. JWs do that, we don't.

Many of us (and definitely me included) can't care less about convincing anyone of what we post. My history is my history, my believes are my believes, my bad experiences in that organization are all there. I don't need to convince anyone of my realities or facts, nor do I have any interest in making anyone act, believe or do how I act, believe or do.

Yes, Active JWs come to forums like this to either try to catch others they may know and tell on them, or to go back to their studies and rant about all the "dirty disgusting things people say in these forums", or because of simple curiosity (JWs are human too). Some lurk around learning, not feeling in a place where they are comfortable posting anything for fear or for shyness or because they are not completely sure of where they want to go.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit