Is There Anything in Life That You Truly Regretted?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

The absolute worst decision I ever made was to become a JW, which ultimately, has had (and CONTINUES to have) a incidious ripple effect on me even though I've been out for almost four years.

I also regret not speaking up or standing up for things I knew were wrong........

Annie

• Swan
    Swan

One that occurred to me earlier today concerned my poodle dog Nikki. Nikki is gone now, but I always regret that I didn't act more decisively in his behalf in on particular incident. Instead I took the programmed JW stance of getting along with other JWs and never causing trouble or making waves with your brothers and sisters.

My brother and his wife invited a JW family that they had met over to our house. Their kids were playing with Nikki. I walked into the room where this JW and his kids were with Nikki in time to see this jerk kick my dog away from the kids. He looked right at me and I didn't say a thing. I just took my dog to my room and waited until they left.

What I should have done, and always regret not doing, was to rip this guy up one side and down the other and then demand that he leave the house right then and there. Come to find out later that he was also abusive to his family and eventually left his wife for another woman. Maybe if I had stood up to him that day, maybe he would have left sooner and given his wife and kids one less beating.

Regardless of whether he was abusive to his family or not, at least I would have felt much better about it. I would have felt that I didn't let my best friend down in that instance. Nikki taught me a lot. He was the only one of my family who loved me unconditionally. He was a great friend and I still miss him 8 years later. He also taught me to take care of my furry friends that depend on me for their every need and not to let them down when they really need me.

Tammy (sniff)

• Robdar
    Robdar

The only thing I regret is not marrying that sweet, Catholic guy back in '86.

Robyn

• ikhandi
    ikhandi

To this day I still regret that I did not see or talk to my father one more time before he died. I regret pushing myself to my limits when I was trying to be that model jw, because of my stupidity I was fast on the road to mental breakdown. I did get some therapy and for that I will always be grateful. Life is good

• minimus
    minimus

When a person "pushes oneself to the limit", it is called "whole souled devotion" in the theocracy. In the real world it is called "making oneself go nuts".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit