Is There Anything in Life That You Truly Regretted?

by minimus 34 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

One thing that stands out for me is how I never went to my own grandmother's burial because, after all she was dead and during the day she died it was on a Thursday night and I had 2 parts to handle so I performed them well and at the end gave the congregation, "a progress report" of how my grandmother had been doing since she was in the hospital, suffering from cancer. That evening I told the congregation that she had died that afternoon. Many people cried at that point but later I was commended by many for not missing a meeting that evening....... I'll never forgive myself for that!

• shamus
    shamus

Minimus,

You sure were spiritual, weren't you? I regret blocking my family out, those bastard pagans. It showed how stupid that religion really was. Better to sit at home and do nothing than honor your mother, eh?

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I regret shunning my DF brother.

~Beck~

• minimus
    minimus

Shamus, I don't know if that meant I was more spiritual or more dopey.

• JH
    JH

Everybody makes errors in life, and I am no exception. I made errors and I will continue to make errors. That's part of life.

I regret jobs I've lost. I regret sending e mail to people that freaked them out.

I don't think it's too healthy to look back at past errors that haunt us, because we will be eternally miserable.

I rather look at the good side of life and be positive, although it can be hard at times.

I don't regret leaving the witnesses, and I don't regret being here discovering new friends.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

I regret not seeing JH ask this question before minimus

cheeses - the unregrettable.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I regret how my father in law died. I wish there was something I could have done to help save him. But I truly regret that it was my objection that threw him over the edge and led to his suicide.

• SheilaM
    SheilaM

Regrets oh I have plenty, I guess being distant from my only decent relative my sister Shirley. I mean she was worldyAlso, making my daughter feel bad for singing Christmas songs in Kindergarten or first grade. She was so happy until she saw me then her little face turned red cause I was not smiling.....what a bitchy thing to do

• Mulan
    Mulan

I regret lots of things. This question raised a lot of angst in me. Too many things to enumerate.

I have made choices that I wish I could undo, but I can't. The other things I regret, are things I had no control over, but I wish I could have changed them anyway.

The main thing I wish, is that I had not let my cousin, Sharon make her decision to not have the mastectomy, as if it were just her choice and her decision. (of course it was hers to make) But I could have given her more feedback and tried to influence her more............we were so close, I wonder if maybe she would have listened. She was so confident that the alternative things would stop the cancer. So she died two years later, and a mastectomy, in the beginning, would have saved her, and she wouldn't have had to have chemo or radiation either. She waited six months, until the cancer was out of control. That's a biggie, but I regret not speaking up more.

• Aztec
    Aztec

The only thing I regret is not telling my buddy that I love him a lot. He deserves to know...:( *sigh* ~Aztec

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit