Did you cheat on your monthly report?

by JH 38 Replies latest jw friends

• metatron
    metatron

Whaddaya mean did?

I still do - the stats in the WT are fake! I'm just adding to their fake-itude

metatron

• Reborn2002
    Reborn2002
    the stats in the WT are fake!

Never have truer words been spoken. Period.

Between people fudging reports to not be harassed by elders, inflating stats to appear righteous, 15-minute publishers... the stats are so fake it is ridiculous!

I once put 70 hours on my report when I had not spend 1 single, solitary minute preaching that month. I frequently reported double-digit hours when I never spent a nanosecond in the door-to-door ministry magazine peddling. Add that to the fake reports of hours.

Every congregation I ever attended, I knew several people that did the same thing.

• JH
    JH
    I once put 70 hours on my report when I had not spend 1 single, solitary minute preaching that month.

Knotty boy Reborn.

*JH of the emperor class, which I hope someone will start a thread about, because I'm out of threads...*

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I don't remember...I think, towards the end of my pioneering I did...I probably did as a publisher. But I lived 45 miles from the KH, and for the longest time, didn't count my drive time 'to' and 'from' the hall (the closest field service meeting was a good 25 miles away...we had a Big territory), so it averaged out.

Other pioneers who lived 2 minutes from the hall thought it was 'awful' to count your driving time to the service meeting But they would "start" their time at a coffee shop or gas station to go from the town our hall was in to a town or territory 45 minutes away afterwards! I always wondered if the whole car group should start counting or just the ones that went in!

I'm sure everybody in our hall counted from the time you left the hall to the time you got back...otherwise, you could be in a car group in the rurals for 2 hours and only count 15 minutes!!

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

I was totally honest for the first 19 1/2 years. I never carried over time or counted coffee breaks. The last 1 1/2 years I cheated like a school boy during a math test. I would spend maybe maybe 2 hours a month and it was reported as 22. I would count the time conducting the WT or even parts on the service meeting. I would say to myself....look at all those unbaptized ones out there, I should count this time. LOL. I did have pangs of conscience though. Cheers all !!!!!

• undercover
    undercover

I tried to be honest, but I always fudged a couple of hours. Had to keep up with the cong. avg to remain an MS. Of course that's been awhile. I haven't turned in time in probably three years now. Got bugged about it for the first 6 months or so, after that they gave up.

For the last couple years before I tried to fade, I simply didn't report my time at all. The PO approached me several times about it, and I said "It's not a Biblical requirement, and, quite frankly, I don't feel right about reporting."

What response did you get after making that comment? I never had the guts to come right out and say that, though it would be cool to.

• Deleted
    Deleted

When we were really in it I would keep track diligently and even deflate my hours if I didn't do anything other than sit in the car waiting for someone's return, or if on a break the coffee and cinnamon roll took too long. My wife was a pioneer in those days so she took every hour she could possibly could. Isn't it funny how a measurement becomes the goal? If the judgement from the elders and CO was on success in service rather than time then maybe it would take less than 3500 hours to train a dub to baptism. If this was a real sales organization the overseers would be booted out for such poor performance.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome

i never cheated although none of my hours were for the door-door work. i think i was putting in an average of 5 hours at the finish.

• Ravyn
    Ravyn

I didn't cheat. I was a regular pioneer for 15 years, a few of those years using walkers and wheel chairs. I was the best they had. when they lost me they lost all credibility.

Ravyn

• shamus
    shamus

Whoa! Pioneer for 15 years! Jumpin' Jesus on a pogo stick!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit