Did you cheat on your monthly report?

by JH 38 Replies latest jw friends

• DIM
    DIM

alway got between 10 and 15 hours. I'd usually meet with the group, say I was meeting somebody for a bible study and then go to Borders. The last 14 months, my wife and I never even went out in service once. Still got our 10 to 15 hours though!

• Azalo
    Azalo

I used to guesstimate and I'm pretty sure I always gave myself the benefit of the doubt.

• caligirl
    caligirl

Always rounded up!

• rocketman
    rocketman

I sometimes rounded up a bit, but did not really cheat per se.

But, a few months ago, I was turning in a report just to show that I was active. Then I finally just stopped. I lost that fear of becoming "inactive".

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

I took the rule "from the first door to the last dorr" literally. If I sat in the car during the last half hour of the morning while someone else was doing a return visit I didn't count that half hour. What a dumb-dumb.

• jimbob
    jimbob

Did I cheat?? Hell yes, I cheated!!! For the last 2 to 3 years before leaving the borg, I never went out more than once a month, yet I put down just enough hours so I wouldn't get harrassed. Makes you wonder how many still in do the same thing??

• scotsman
    scotsman

My 2 years of pioneering exist only on paper. Those 2000 hours probably equate with 20 real hours, the rest was spent drinking coffee, touring the countryside, going to art exhibitions and the cinema. Pioneering epitomised the slacker lifestyle for me.

• shera
    shera

I special pioneered once and I think at the time you needed 60 hours a month.I only so called preached 59 hours.....but I put 60 on my time sheet.

I wonder what would happened if I only put 59 down,any x-elders know?

When I was just a regular pioneer,I always had the 8hrs but I rarely ever placed a magazine or book.....I'm glad I never brought one person into the JW's.

• Austrian
    Austrian

I alway rounded up, which was always padded.I used to dump my trash(back issue mags) at laundry mats and if I was working friends we would always fake knocking.

Sometimes I see Jdubs working the strip malls and I test them to see if they are going to approach me. Not once have I even gotten a look. They just sit there and drink their Starbucks coffee.

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I was brutally honest. 1 hour per month! Never really got harassed though. I was a new publisher for a long time. The brothers saw I was having difficulty speaking at the doors, so they were quite forgiveable. The most I ever put down was 9 hours. I think in all the time I was a publisher, I placed 1 magazine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit