Did you cheat on your monthly report?

by JH 38 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I was always honest with my field service reports, until the time when an elder came over to give me hell because I had only 1 hour that month in the field service. I told him that I was working 50 hours a week, had a 4 day district convention that month and couldn't do miracles that month. He never accepted my explanation.

Since then, I cheated on my hours just to avoid elders coming over again for the same reason.

Have you cheated on your hours just to look good, or to have peace with the elders?

That was many years ago BTW...

• TemeculaMole
    TemeculaMole

I still do cheat. You would think someone would notice that I rarely go out in service but report a few measly hours every month...

Sometimes at meeing for field service when my family and I would get assigned territory all by ourselves (Which happened a lot so whats the point in going to meeting for field service??) If this happens we would skip the service and go to breakfast...this is an automatic 1 hour ( should be 2 but I'm not greedy)

• onacruse
    onacruse

For the last couple years before I tried to fade, I simply didn't report my time at all. The PO approached me several times about it, and I said "It's not a Biblical requirement, and, quite frankly, I don't feel right about reporting."

Craig

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

Absolutely! 10 hours every month, 12 mags, and 2 RV. In reality most months I did not put in an hour. I know a lot of other people who did the same thing. There is no way in hell those hours reported in the KM every month are accurate.

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

You just had to, it was unavoidable - afterall, it was such an unnatural thing to do, to walk up unannounced to a strangers house and to start bleating on about verbal manifestations of your emotional instability.

And besides, I like order, and any incomplete columns on the report just didn't look right.

cheeses - of-the-ones-glad-to-have-all-that-crap-behind-him-class

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

G'day JH,

You may be interested in this Weekend Poll:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=39415&site=3

Cheers, Ozzie

• Mulan
    Mulan

During our last two to three years, I turned in false reports every three months. The other two months, they were non existent. I only turned in the ones I did, to keep them from calling on me. I padded them good too, and hadn't been out in field service for several years at the time.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Never did. I was painfully honest.

What an idiot.

• free will
    free will

yes, i did! thought i was the only one, and felt really bad about it. didn't stop me though.

• crownboy
    crownboy

I haven't been out in field service for close to two years, but yet still I am a regular publisher. What do you think?

I've got to be the most consistent "1hr., 2 magazines" publisher ever.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit