JW Elder fired from bank for privacy violation regarding fellow JW employee

by Zoos 41 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

The more I think about this, the more unlikely this guy's story is. He was looking at this lady's backup set specifically - then he comes across these pics and has to dream up some excuse : "oh yeah, we were just looking for ... ummm ... the cheque register... yeah that's it."

Wait.... he confronted her about the pics several times in private?? Yeah, this guy is a stalker and probably wanted to fool around on the side too. She turned him down.

Yep... horn dog.

MMM

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    He said in his religion, such acts are prohibited, and "would bring reproach on the name of our Holy God Jehovah and
    Thing is, this has brought reproach on jw's. Who would be interested, or even know, that some woman ( who given her attitude to the 'elder' was probably separated and inactive) was having relations with a man. { gasp!}
  • Chook
    Chook

What happened to the sister because of his gestapo techniques ? I’m glad they fired the bastard.

• steve2
    steve2

Thanks for the citation, Bill.

• Gorbatchov
    Gorbatchov

It's just like 1984. Report your friends to big brother.

G.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

A "Sister" in my old Congo. discovered something quite innocently on Work related records that she said would "blow the Congregation apart". This may have been hyperbole, who knows, she has since died.

She consulted a wise old "Sister" who told her she simply could not do anything but keep the info. to herself. Wise advice.

• honest
    honest

Jw dr's do this all the time. The jw cult supersedes their medical ethics

• Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho
    Wake Me Up Before You Jo-Ho

He "copied the information onto an external storage device." Of course he did. For, um... research purposes.

Invasive creep.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    honest: Jw dr's do this all the time. The jw cult supersedes their medical ethics

Honest, could you expand on those statements? How do you know this to be true?

I am not challenging the 'trueness' of your statement, I am more interested in where or how you know what you do. It does not surprise me in the least that JW doctors would not have a barrier between patients and the elders in the congregation.

I am not entirely sure of this, but I think that some European countries (Germany maybe?) require medical doctors to be transparent concerning their religious affiliation. I would like to see this policy put in place everywhere. I cannot imagine anything much more disturbing than finding out that I was getting medical advice from a doctor that has affiliations with the Watchtower Society and the Jehovah's Witnesses. I would lose my f***ing mind if my doctor turned out to be a JW. I think I am entitled to have that information and that the medical associations should take a strong look at making the religious affiliations of doctors public knowledge. Especially when that religion has such primitive and controversial ideas about the medical use of blood.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Clyde and I recently upgraded our Powers of Attorney and our Living Trust. We included a statement that we would accept a blood transfusion…only if was necessary to save our life. We found out later that the office administrator is a witness, and is married to an elder in the congregation that we used to attend…we still live in the territory. My last meeting was in 2006…Clyde’s last meeting was about 2001. What do you think the chances are that this woman will reveal our decision to the elders? Or have we been away long enough where they will leave us alone? I expressed my concern to the attorney, but she assured me that would not be a problem because the witness had signed a statement of confidentiality when she was hired. I know that witnesses are not good at privacy.

I remember the article in the WT that MrRoboto mentioned. I think it was in the 1980’s. Hope someone will come up with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit