Sep. 2021 Broadcast: more money

by neat blue dog 37 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    It basically said give to the WW Work,

WW = Worldwide Whiskey?

Oh, how the GB love to protect sexual predators in court cases. It only proves to me that there must be a sexual predator element within the GB. They all look a bit that way.

• truth_b_known
    truth_b_known

I was a Witness for nearly 4 decades. I belonged to 5 congregations in 4 different states. During those years never once did I ever see funds donated at the Kingdom Hall go to help the needy or the poor whether they were a member or not. Not 1 time!

I remember there were 3 different contribution boxes in the Kingdom Hall -

• Local Congregation
    • World Wide Work
    • Kingdom Hall Building Fund

The Local Congregation fund was to maintain the Kingdom Hall. Any overages in donations were sent to the World Wide Work fund by a vote.

The World Wide Work fund is another way of saying "The Watchtower Fund". That is what the money was used for - to keep the lights on at Bethel.

The Kingdom Hall Building Fund was just that - donations to help build Kingdom Halls that would eventually be owned by the Watchtower.

No where in there is there a fund to help people. This is why the Watchtower's tax exemption status needs to be pulled.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    InWasn’t there also a letter a while back saying that JWs shouldn’t help other JWs out financially because if they really need help then the congregation will help them. Which in practice never happens.

Yes Slim, it was worse in imho.

They said beware of giving to ostensibly poor brothers and sisters in the congregations because they are probably getting some kind of welfare/benefits payments from the government. That it's better to give to the WWW as they can properly allocate resources.

The sub text being: don't trust your fellow Christians completely and do give your money to us because we know how to spend it!!!

Edit: just saw LuckyNPeppers post. They're right it was mid week & prompted by Go-fund-me's etc

• Gorb
    Gorb

Some remember the Eastern Europe Fund?

G.

• hoser
    hoser

I see this as the result of taking over ownership of the local Kingdom Halls. The local congregation used to take pride in their building and make sure it was well funded and maintained. Now that the halls are centrally controlled it becomes someone else’s problem.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The local congregation sends about 1200 a month on through. You can not earmark donations either, like saying Haiti, but t all goes to the general fund.

When i had accounts the report at least specified expenses; gas, electric, water, co apartment share, forwarded funds. Now they say we spent 1800, took in n 1600, and then when everyone chips in they say we have an extra x,000, so "resolve" to send that amount in.

• DesirousOfChange
  • nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

So we have an organization that's now begging for money all the time and covers up csa. So what separates this from other religions?

• jhine
    jhine

Other religions do charitable work for a start .

Jan

• skin
    skin

That needy widow that gave all she had would be happy that she didn't have these people looking over her shoulder .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit