Hubby got asked the loyalty questions

by atacrossroads 15 Replies latest jw friends

• atacrossroads
    atacrossroads

After hubby skipped out on the memorial his parents and close friends started getting more assertive with him. Before they took on the role of the concerned let me rescue you from your apostate wife's clutches. It's 100% my fault he stopped being a witness according to the inlaws. So his dad called him and asked him the loyalty questions. If that was not bad enough hubby said he could tell someone else was on the line. He told his dad he should be ashamed of himself for asking such a question and hung up on him.

Why can't they just leave us be. It's not like we are shouting from the roof tops they are a cult.

• joe134cd
    joe134cd
    If they ask you the loyalty question. The answer is an affirmative "Yes". Then move on.
  • jookbeard
    jookbeard
    just take it calm and cool, you are both doing the right thing, be very careful about speaker phone calls in the future or loaded questioning when you least expect it but it sounds like you are both very clued up with their underhand tactics, enjoy your fade and life, it gets easier. Missing the memorial is a monumental landmark and you both should be proud and happy with your achievements.
  • oppostate
    oppostate
    Why can't they just leave us be. It's not like we are shouting from the roof tops they are a cult.

You said it with your last four words. "They are a cult."

Like all high-control groups, dictatorships included, they must have full control over people's lives.

Any show of individuality and independent thinking threatens them.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

It's 100% my fault he stopped being a witness according to the inlaws

Its quite common for brainwashed JWS to make the assertion that a spouse or close friend was the plausible and deliberate cause of one dropping out of the JWS.

That and Satan controlled Universities, where there's higher education.

• smiddy
    smiddy

It just goes to show you how shallow the faith of J.W.`s are .

That they can`t defend their faith against someone who questions it.

And apparently , Satan is having far greater success in turning people away from Jehovah than the Almighty is of keeping them faithful .

smiddy

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Expect to see JWS wearing shirts like these anytime soon.

• KateWild
    KateWild

Sorry your hubby is being hounded like this. Them blaming you is not respecting the sanctity of marriage. Credibility and reputation are very important do everything you can to protect yours. This cult can ruin lives.

Kate xx

• Daniel1555
    Daniel1555

Hey atacrossroads

First I think it is great, that you 2 are together on this journey out of the cult.

I was asked the loyalty questions many times during my fade, especially from elders.

Here is a thread where I describe how I answered the loyalty questions. There you find also some ideas how others answered them.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/281819/answered-fds-loyalty-question-elders-here-their-response

I recommend for the relationship with your family to not talk about religion and just show respect for their religious feelings.

I wish you good luck.

• label licker
    label licker
    Smiddy is dead on. They can't defend their faith against someone who questions it. We were asked at the back of the hall by the cobe that same question so hubby threw the question right back in his face. When asked don't you believe in the faithful and discreet slave, hubby answered don't you? The cobe didn't didn't answer. He was put on the spot and asked us if we would go into another room to talk and we said no. Then their stalking began. Throw their questions right back into their faces and watch what they really think of their troof.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit