Hubby got asked the loyalty questions

by atacrossroads 15 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

They hate it when people know how to "beat them" at their own game. They think they have the "secret book" (as well as God's Hocus-Pocus Holy Spit) and that no one else knows their tricky methods when they secretly gang up on a conference call and pretend they are lawyers or private investigators.

Welcome to the 21st Century and the World Wide Web. NOTHING IS SECRET.

What a bunch of bafoons! Your hubby handled it with perfection.

Doc

• ToesUp
    ToesUp

When they ask you the loyalty question, they smell blood. They HAVE to "out" you. It's almost like they WANT you out.

If you don't care, answer honestly. If you have too much to loose...don't give them anything. Play the game YOUR way, not theirs.

Like you said...."it's a cult." It's what they do. Sad but true.

• awake living free
    awake living free

To think when questioned by angus stewart qc at the arc last year geoffry jackson (gb) said that jws have the freedom to leave! Yeah right... Really feel for you and your hubby, some of these elders are like dogs with a bone. The extent of the mind control with some of your family sounds to be off the scale, its like east berlin and the stazi. I wish you both the best, tough it out and hope the experience can draw you closer together.

Alf

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It just high lights the inhuman attitude of a corrupt corporation. The attitude that filters from the hubris of the governing body down to local level can be seen by the 'loyalty questions'.

It's how cults work.

• LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

@atacrossroads

Your husband was right to hang up on them.

They don't deserve any explanation.

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte

Oh, the loyalty questions. I would answer in an correct, yet shocking way:

Me: Oh yeah. I do believe in the Faithful, slave. I much prefer to be wrong with the watchtower than then to think for myself.

Them: Wait, what?

Me: Well, for instance, when Jesus chose brother Rutherford and his helpers back in 1919, they did things and believed things that, by now, are so wrong that they are worthy of disfellowshipping, they would be worthy of being thrown into the outer darkness; in that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth. Heck, possible eternal destruction, right? But Jesus has shown that he can over look these things as long as we are in the right group, the JWs. So, clearly, what's the point of thinking by myself... I prefer to let the 7 brothers in New York do the thinking for me.

Them: Are you sarcastic?

Me: Did I say something wrong? Sure I'm supposed to convince myself of the truth... the problem is, I was baptized 20 years ago. In 20 years, the brothers in New York changed their minds on a lot of things. They are allowed to do that. But me, I am not allowed to change my mind on even a comma if it is not exactly in line with the 7 brothers. Come to think of it, does their votes on changes have to be unanimous? Anyway. If I change my mind, Jehovah will kill me. If I change my mind with the brothers in New York and am still wrong, well, at least, I'm safe. So, my personal conscience is in their hands as they are the ones chosen by God.

Them: Uhhhhhh....

----

Of course, that is in my fantasy. They never actually asked me the loyalty question.... yet.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit