Brooklyn news on sending the elderly packing

by I am a Bible Student 62 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic

I agree that extraordinary claims require vigerous evidence. But this isn't an extraordinary claim. We know Bethel has been cutting costs for some time now. We know they have been reducing the number of staff at Brooklyn. And we know that many services are no longer going to be offered (food, laundry, cleaning, etc.).

The idea that they're no longer going to look after the elderly in their ¨family¨ seems to be completely in line with that. And while consistency doesn't necessarily equate accuracy I feel the claim being made here (regardless of the source) is exactly what we would predict to happen next. They're cutting costs at all costs - compassion and human decency be damned.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Outlaw - You crack me up!! Laughing so hard I've got tears on my cheeks~!!

Can't find his f'in cat, either! LOL

Thanks for the giggles.

• OUTLAW
  • greenhornet
    greenhornet

I think this is disgusting, inhuman on many accounts and unchristian.

I know Watchtower reads these treads. I am going to tell this story to a talk radio Host. This will get national attention. So Watchtower read my lips

Please give these seniors the respect they deserve. Give them the dignity to live out there lives inconfort.

If I hear no change in your policy I will go public.

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Old timers are well taken care of by the bOrg. Always have been. Nothing has changed.

Governing Body widows being put out on the street. Not hardly.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    If you listen to the whole interview Barbara Anderson speaks to 'Johnny' for a long time.

Barbara has been taken in by this? Surely not?

• closed
    closed
    Rubbish. I saw Sydlics in law this summer. He is not well but alife. So the post is just chip sensation.
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Coded Logic - "I agree that extraordinary claims require vigerous evidence. But this isn't an extraordinary claim."

Nice.

• steve2
    steve2

"I agree that extraordinary claims require vigerous evidence. But this isn't an extraordinary claim."

Okay, but ordinary claims require ordinary evidence. So where is it?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

The idea that they'd throw out the widows of deceased GB members does strike me as rather extraordinary. The wives of current GB members wouldn't stand for it.

Or if they really are throwing out widows of deceased GB members then it can only be an indication that the organisation is near bankruptcy and in complete meltdown.

By the look on Herd's face when he announced cutbacks I might not rule that out. But you'd think we'd be hearing other leaked reports along those lines.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit