by Bona Dea 37 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

SwordofJunk,

You haven't answered my questions!

Dansk

• shera
    shera

God in the bible is a very violent God,wars,killing unborn babies.God himself killing babies and people who have no choice for who they are.He created us and Adam and Eve messed up and I think that was the plan,and God is going to make us pay for something that is totally out of our hands? It doesn't make sense that a loving God would do something like that. Somtimes I wonder this God they are speaking of,is the true God and the loving God?

I believe in God and I believe in, that there was a Jesus on this earth that spoke for God. Jesus was a kind loving person who wasnot like the violent God we read of . When it comes to believe what parts of the bible,I have no idea.I'm just putting faith that there is a loving God and someday he may fix things.As well, I'm just going to do my best to be the best I can be and if God doesn't think I'm good enough there is nothing I can do. Its outta my hands. BUT I also believe,people who believe and are seeking God will all be accepted.There is no truth out there,but I feel God will make himself known....and I don't think we have to be part of a man made religion to be loved and excepted by God....(i'm off topic aren't I? I do that alot )

Just my 2 cent ramblings for yah...

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Sadie,

You got it straight. I have always believed with great power comes great responsibility. Miserable imperfect man that I am, my sense of right nad wrong would not have allowed me to sit back and watch any one being harmed unjustly. It is nice to see some of you expressing the sman ritcheous indignation that I feel.

I hate it when folks like Sword bring up the argument that God allwos wickedness to prove the Devil a liar and to vindicate his name. What a crock. Right is right, he should have bitch slapped Satan a long time ago and saved his children a lot of pain and suffering. If some fool dared me to allow my kids to venture down a road that I knew would cause them harm, that son of a bitch would have found himself in a world of hurt real quick.

Sword I think you are suffering from a terminal case of Optical Rectalitus. Your head is so far up your butt your viewpoint is crap. Try to think in a logical manner and ignore for a moment what has been drilled into your head. You speak of free will, where is yours?

JT, Dansk,Six, Happyout, Nosferatu, Shera, Reborn, Runningman, Unique1, Hamas, FunkyDerek, SS and TeeJay, its nice to see how freeing oneself from the Org. can free one,s mind. Once the biblical blinders are off, thet truth can be seen. If we all abided by the Love thy neighbor rule Jesus taught, none of this crap would be going on.People wouldn't hurt eachother, or at least they wouldn't stand idely by as abuses are commited.

I have been toying with the idea of running for "God Emperor of the Universe". My platform is simple, right is right and do no harm. Its just that simple.

Thunder

• teejay
    teejay

"Have not parents who truly love their children permitted them to undergo a painful operation to correct some problem? Yes, the permission of temporary suffering has often made it possible for children to enjoy better health later on in life. "

So as parents we do allow our children to suffer so that a problem can be repaired or permanently fixed. -- SwordofJah,

SoJ,

That reasoning makes sense only when there's a pre-existing condition that needs immediate attention. Sure, parents want their child's broken leg to be put right or some other medical problem fixed.

That reasoning fails miserably, though, when innocent children (and people in general) suffer horrible events that don't solve any problem but simply makes life unbearable. As you know, Jehovah sees horrible things taking place all the time, everyday – and many of these will never be known to the majority of people. Yet he sits there, hour after hour, day after day, doing nothing. What possible good does he expect to come from it?

Oh I know... you'll say something like, "he can put everything back the way it was when the New Order is established," but that doesn't lessen the pain that people feel NOW – pain that could be easily negated or entirely removed by a loving father.

You might also say something like, "he's allowing the Computer Age to become firmly established so that humans will see that men can't solve his own problems." The problem with that reasoning is that same argument was used as the reason why Jehovah didn't act prior to the 1900s. "It was the dawn of the Age of Machines," you might say, "so he wanted mankind to see that man couldn't solve his problems but needed help from an outside source -- Him."

So here we are, 100 years later. Waiting for god to demonstrate his deep love for his earthly creatures. Just like every other generation of people to ever live. When will the advance of technology run its course and enough suffering piles up to the point where god will finally say, "Enough's enough!"?

• hurt
    hurt

"I have accepted that my ability to understand a "creator" is hampered by my humanity." Home!

I've always taken to task those who claim to understand God's justice. I can't get it, and it's probably because I'm human. If god has to be brought to the level of humans, and below, to understand his ways, then what's it worth? As Bona Dea succintly put it, my humanity torments me. I don't understand.

• Dansk
    Dansk

I have been toying with the idea of running for "God Emperor of the Universe". My platform is simple, right is right and do no harm. Its just that simple.

Thunder,

You've got my vote, mate!

Dansk

• SYN
    SYN

SwordOfJah, your operation analogy is completely incorrect. The modern-day use of anaesthetics and the much reduced levels of pain most children would go through after an operation, reduced by further pain-killers, means that you are talking absolute poppycock. How can you compare the pain of BEING KILLED (!!!!!!!!!!!!) to some stitches? Even chemotherapy isn't as bad as that! Geesh, you just had to go and quote the Live Forever book, didn't you? My Ghod.

The explanation is really so simple, guys. Come on! Ghod doesn't care, because he isn't THERE!

That is the only explanation that really fits all the facts.

Teejay:

You might also say something like, "he's allowing the Computer Age to become firmly established so that humans will see that men can't solve his own problems." The problem with that reasoning is that same argument was used as the reason why Jehovah didn't act prior to the 1900s. "It was the dawn of the Age of Machines," you might say, "so he wanted mankind to see that man couldn't solve his problems but needed help from an outside source -- Him." So here we are, 100 years later. Waiting for god to demonstrate his deep love for his earthly creatures. Just like every other generation of people to ever live. When will the advance of technology run its course and enough suffering piles up to the point where god will finally say, "Enough's enough!"?

You make some excellent points in your post, and I couldn't agree more - Ghod will have nothing to do with what mankind in general will be going through in the next few decades. So, hang on and enjoy the ride! All we really know now is that Ghod can kiss humanity as He created it goodbye

• Undecided
    Undecided
    SwordOfJah
    So as parents we do allow our children to suffer so that a problem can be repaired or permanently fixed.

But we wouldn't if we could fix the problem without the suffering. You would think God could find a better way to fix the problem if he was as smart as you think. He seems to like suffering since the animals also suffer, and you can't blame man for that.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit