Department Store Santa Claus - Do They Still Exist?

by RubaDub 13 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Numerous things have disappeared. Santa is one of them. I hardly see stores decorated much for Christmas at all. I have yet to see a Salvation Army stand set up--whether or not anyone is manning it. Houses in the area are sparsely decorated, if at all--instead of contests to see who can deck out the most, it is who can have the lamest displays. I also barely see any ads for Christmas anything, whether online or instore. Even displays with Christmas supplies seem to be much smaller than just a few years ago.

And when you do see Christmas anything advertised, they always slip in some political correctness. It is as if they are trying to merge the human species into one big blob, the way they did with the greys--and they are doing a good job at it. They are also trying to ruin all the holidays mixing them with each other. Hanukkah and Christmas do not mix--and neither does Kwanzaa (which is actually a corrupted version of Lammas Day, racialized and deliberately moved to conflict with an established holiday). I would rather see Lammas Day moved back to its proper day on the first of August, deracialized so everyone participates, and fixed to its original condition so we all benefit from it. That way, we can have both holidays in their proper places, we don't generate racial conflict or cultural clashes, and everyone wins.

Not to mention, if I hear any more Christmas songs in Spanish (aside Feliz Navidad, which has become a classic despite its being in Spanish), I am ready to find out who is trying to ruin it for English speaking countries and send them a card that says "Triste Weihnachten und pechlich Neue Jahr!" to them. And send Santa a note that trying to push Puerto Rican culture in the North is grounds to receive coal in their stockings. Fine if you live in Puerto Rico or the Southwest--keep that culture there, and keep it pure. But, for those in the North, you are used to dreaming of a white Christmas. And yes, if you live on Christmas Island, you can wait for Santa to sail in with your presents in a canoe instead of a sled--just not in the north of USA, Canada, Europe, or northern Asia where snow is standard.

• jws
    jws

WtWizard, you're kidding me. You're complaining that other holidays are being merged with Christmas???? Really. You actually wrote that. And Christmas is on Dec 25th why? Refresh my memory.

Because Jesus was born on Dec 25th? Nope. Even the JWs were right on this. The celebrations go back further than before Christianity raised it's ugly head. Now you're boo-hooing that other holidays are interfering with Christmas??? Do you hear yourself? Christmas bullied it's way into other celebrations in the first place.

And by saying you're dreaming of a "white" Christmas, I assume that doesn't refer to the color of snow either and is actually a racist reference after decrying hearing Spanish songs. And BTW, that song is bilingual, not just Spanish.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    the alternate reality that Minimus lives in, it is true that department store Santa's no longer exist and have been nearly banned by liberals as well as Christmas as a whole.

🤣🤣😂😂😂 yeah and in that world Starbucks managers will give you the SACK for saying “Merry Christmas” to customers!!!

Come to think of it....don’t a lot of dubs work in Starbucks??! Doo do doo do, doo do do do......

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

But, for those in the North, you are used to dreaming of a white Christmas.

WTWizard ...

Not to get off-topic on my own thread, but I remember on the old Howard Stern TV show when he had a guy from the KKK singing "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas." It was really funny.

Back to the topic.

Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit