Department Store Santa Claus - Do They Still Exist?

by RubaDub 13 Replies latest jw friends

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

I remember when stores would advertise that Santa Claus would be there from 2-4 PM on a Saturday or something for several weeks before Christmas. You would see them everywhere.

Do they still exist in your area?

Maybe parents finally realized that having a drunk guy with a white beard getting his jollies off with young children on his lap was not a good idea.

Just my thoughts. I don't see them around anymore.

Rub a Dub

• sir82
    sir82

He went underground man, yeah, underground....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSH9ryRzHQ4

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

Thats got to be one of the best Christmas stories ever

• waton
    waton

There is a picture of a younger version, having kids around and on him on page 223 of the "jesus" book, this week's lesson # 95.

You try an act like that today, and me too of the pedophilr lobby would sound the alarm.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

We used to joke store Santa was a good part-time job for a pioneer. The other one was womb leasing.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

We used to joke store Santa was a good part-time job for a pioneer. The other one was womb leasing.

• NoAbuse
    NoAbuse

In the alternate reality that Minimus lives in, it is true that department store Santa's no longer exist and have been nearly banned by liberals as well as Christmas as a whole.

However, in the actual world...both are alive and well. Santa is at the Mall from 11a - 8pm every day, and has been since mid- November. "Pre - Reserve a pass and avoid the line."

• caves
    caves

@sir82 - Love Cheech and Chong, Just found an old vinyl of C&C at a thrift shop for a buck last night. Anyone seen "The Corsican Brothers" by C&C? That's my favorite.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

RUB A DUB:

There’s a picture of me with a department store Santa when I was almost five years old...My grandma was with me so I don’t remember anything weird happening!

I thought Macy’s had them by appointment in recent years?

• jws
    jws

I don't know about individual department stores, but the mall has one. And, working several years for a major anchor store and working with their real estate department, I know several malls have contracts in their lease for the tenants to pay for common things that would include a Santa. As it attracts people to the mall and thus customers to the tenants.

So in a way, each and every department store is paying for the mall Santa. So it's kind of a department store Santa.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit