ARTICLE: Jehovah’s Witnesses investing more than $50M on Woodbury project

by AndersonsInfo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Achille
  • pontoon
    pontoon

I think some are mixed up. There is Woodbury not too far from Warwick/Tuxedo NW of NYC and S of Wat Farm and then there is Woodbury on Long Island in the other direction, SW of NYC. This new project is on Long Island.

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

. ..but,,but,but I thought Armageddon was so 'close'.

• NotFormer
    NotFormer

pontoon, thanks for that clarification. Being on the other side of the world and unlikely to ever be in the area, the geographical aspect of these changes is sometimes a little hard to grasp.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Beth, they intend to govern the world from these places after the Big A… Warwick is intended to function as the de facto planetary capital.

They’ve as much as said so.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

FIFTY MILLION?

It does not appear like they are so hard up for money as their monthly videos have suggested.

The assembly hall, which will have about 2,100 auditorium seats and parking for about 700 vehicles, will be used almost exclusively on weekends for about 75 days a year, according to a Jehovah’s Witnesses website for the project.
    There are more than 8,000 Jehovah’s Witnesses congregants in Nassau and Suffolk counties who meet at 21 Kingdom Halls throughout the Island

8000 JWs in 21 Kingdom Halls -- That only accounts for about 10 days to be used for Cir Assm & Spec Assm days. Maybe another 10 weekends for Reg Convs.

Gosh! Wonder what the daily "contribution" per publisher will be to use the new Assm Hall?

• Beth Sarim
    Beth Sarim

Their hard up for money claims are just that. Claims.

Manipulation to guilt the $heeples to give more and do more.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

DOC - I thought the same thing. This seems like a poorly thought out expansion - OR - there is more to this than they have shared.

I can see NO GOOD REASON for purchasing this property other than consolidating nursing facilities for retirees.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    I can see NO GOOD REASON for purchasing this property other than consolidating nursing facilities for retirees.

THAT WOULD BE A SHOCKER! WTS has always had the practice of sending retirees (or just those who are past their prime) "back to field" -- meaning "go get a job" or if it's older COs or DOs, they just send them to a Cong that has an apartment and enough affluent JWs to care for them.

• ThomasMore
    ThomasMore

DOC - they actually do have corporate bylaws that state that they will retire some special full-time servants at the corporations' expense. This primarily applies to Bethelites with XX years of seniority and age. In recent years though, they have sent many "back to the field" just before they reached full retirement age. Cruel? Yes.

However, the facility in Fishkill for retirees is full per the last report I heard. Space only gets freed up upon someone's death. I was told they needed more space for older B'lites who were getting too old to work, past the age of being sent out.

For the retirement facilities, they need a doctor and nurses. You might recall the letter that went out several years ago for nurses. They had to be willing to stay indefinitely. When they consolidate facilities, the number of caregivers decreases proportionately, so I suspect consolidation is a high priority to cut expenses.

I recently learned that they are being challenged at the Fishkill facility for some kind of registration issue. They are in need of a larger facility that meets city/county/state requirements. That is all I know.

Atlantis - do you recall the leter to all BOE's asking for nurses? It may have been 4 years ago?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit