ARTICLE: Jehovah’s Witnesses investing more than $50M on Woodbury project

by AndersonsInfo 26 Replies latest jw friends

• jhine
    jhine

Vidiot , so do they ( the GB ) really believe what they preach ? Do they honestly expect to be ruling the world from this place after Armageddon?

Or is there another reason for this project?

Jan from Tam

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

They know it’s wrong…

…but believe it’s True…

…at the same time.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Not the GB specifically, BTW… current WT dogma has them being raptured taken away prior to Armageddon starting, to lead the Heavenly armies against the wicked Worldly hordes (😒)…

…but that is essentially what they’ve said, distilled down to its simplest expression; that the Warwick compound and its outlying facilities will be used post-apocalypse to act as steward in the New System (and witness to/convert the newly-resurrected)…

…i.e. rule the planet.

‘Course, all that’s up in the air these days, as they seem to be rewriting WT theology on the fly, so who the fuck knows? 😏

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

I know at least a couple of JWs who know about the dirty laundry and some of the details that the average JW probably doesn't know, and they were among the most loyal and driven JWs I ever met. I think some people double-down when doubts come and their belief just becomes stronger.

I suppose some of the GB were/are like this, but it's hard to imagine. Fred Franz knew Russell's writings and Rutherford's writings. He knew they said things that turned out to be wrong. He knew that the organization's history was changed to cover for those false predictions. He made false predictions of his own! Did he really believe he had 'the truth'? As crazy as it sounds, he might have believed that all the way to the end.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange
    However, the facility in Fishkill for retirees is full per the last report I heard. Space only gets freed up upon someone's death. I was told they needed more space for older B'lites who were getting too old to work, past the age of being sent out.

Thomas, is this some type of "nursing home" facility? I seem to recall Judah Ben's FIL getting involved in some kind of elderly care facility which I assumed was for JW's and would rely on Medicaid funds but yes, it would come under State regulations. WT knows how to milk the system. Any chance this is the same place?

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

I had a relative who was a CO and Branch Overseer years ago.

He advised me years ago to copy what Watchtower does...not what they say... I asked what he meant... he replied..."they plan real estate investments and projects years into the future." "They have hundreds of Bethelites remodeling...not pioneering." That was 40 years ago...I should have listened to him....not Watchtower.

• Bleep Bloop
    Bleep Bloop

Here's the listing for the Assembly Hall in Queens that's being replaced.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/4417-Greenpoint-Ave-Sunnyside-NY/31194580/

Hendricks saying it'll save Long Island JWs the drive to Queens doesn't make a ton of sense, since now Queens JWs will have to drive out to Long Island. But the old building is almost a century old, I imagine it has a lot of issues. Plus way more parking at the new one.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit